Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durability concern 1/8 E-Buggy >

Durability concern 1/8 E-Buggy

Durability concern 1/8 E-Buggy

Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

yeah i have no problems assembling a kit. heck i do full tear-downs to rebuild in the winter when i'm bored haha. The partial built ones are nice too
Old 02-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I would say a vorza would be best...if your LHS can get savage parts, they can get vorza parts. Plus doesn't it come with the hpi/castle esc & 2200 motor? I have had great reliability with my mamba monster esc & 2200 motor. But every 1/8 is the same as in what spare parts should be needed/carried with you...shock shafts & hinge pins for sure, shock towers & a-arms maybe. I think the vorza would also be in your price range. Good luck with your choice!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

The mugens are very durable as are the kyoshos, parts are pricey though. The Losi is a good car as well but coming from a racing back ground they wear out fast. I'm partial to my rc8.2e, it's been very durable for me but I have bent front cvds, but this car steers on a dime!
Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Its definitely not too far north of where i was thinking. Cant find a measurement anywhere, does anyone know what the width is of the battery tray on the Flux Vorza?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

And the nice part about the vorza is that you can race it if you choose to with little to no other needed parts.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Monteman
Its definitely not too far north of where i was thinking. Cant find a measurement anywhere, does anyone know what the width is of the battery tray on the Flux Vorza?
Hpi says their battery box is adjustable, wide enough to take 2 3cell packs...but I didn't see any specific numbers on it.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How does this inferno compare to the MP9.
you cannot compare Mp9 and Inferno Ve, those are totaly different patforms. Inferno VE is based on Mp777 and 7.5. Mp9 is totally new design.
In performance and durabilty you cannot even compare VE to Mp777. The worst thing in Inferno VE are front shock tower, you have also two spider diffs, not regular 4 spiders.
If you wanna great RTR to bash, take VORZA. Better shocks, better combo
you get what you pay for.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

to be fair the 777 platform is still competitve. I just bought my first e buggy and went with the serpent 811e, this car is awesome. Drives very nice and is built as well as any other.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BLbound
Hpi says their battery box is adjustable, wide enough to take 2 3cell packs...but I didn't see any specific numbers on it.
i asked in the vorza thread, they replied 51mm which will work for my current lipos

Originally Posted by vic_firth
you cannot compare Mp9 and Inferno Ve, those are totaly different patforms. Inferno VE is based on Mp777 and 7.5. Mp9 is totally new design.
In performance and durabilty you cannot even compare VE to Mp777. The worst thing in Inferno VE are front shock tower, you have also two spider diffs, not regular 4 spiders.
If you wanna great RTR to bash, take VORZA. Better shocks, better combo
you get what you pay for.
That's what i wanted to know, didn't know if they shared components or not, thank you

Barring any real change of heart, or an awesome used deal on something else. i think it will be a Vorza Flux being added to the fleet.
Then again i've done crazier stuff in the past

Thanks for all the input guys.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have to put my input here... EVERYONE that has seen my car run at the track (and crash) is CONSTANTLY impressed at just how BULLETPROOF my car is. No lie, I have witnessed a Losi break in half, and a VE8 composite chassis snap in half. I have witnessed a Vorza break front diff housings on a frontal impact also. It's true that normally a Vorza is pretty beefy. But thusfar, I have not seen ANY car as tough as my Caster.

As far as handling, it's one of the most composed cars I have ever driven. I have my steering turned DOWN because of how much I can get with it. Without turning it down it gets down right twitchy it has so much (that and how fast and strong my steering servo is).

So that is MY honest .02
Old 02-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

well that decision on the Vorza lasted under 12 hours...

gonna swing a deal on a Losi 8ight 2.0 conversion.