Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R >

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R

Old 07-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Pietsch View Post
You look to be the perfect candidate for my questions! I'm looking to pick up a 1/8 ebug for the rest of the summer season and it's a toss up between the RB and the Sworkz. Reading your posts, sounds like you've had them both, thoughts on each of them? Also, being that you beat Matt this weekend, says the buggy must be pretty good.

What spares would a guy want to pick up with this buggy and hop ups right away. I see you mentioned you have the aluminum 4 corners, anything else I would need? Are they necessary?

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,

I don't think the aluminium parts are necessary, just bling I am still using standard geometry...For spares I use the option shock towers, if I was using std carbon ones I would probably carry spares, plus arms and hinge pins etc...I only have 2 days use on the car and no breakages, so still a bit early for me to tell what might be needed!

Running wise I just changed the rear hub mount to the lower hole and other than that it's pretty std setup, much more nimble than I expected!

Comparing the 2 I would say the Sworkz has sharper acceleration and longer jumping...the rb seems more settled on landing and less likely to turn over/traction roll...the rb seems to find the lap time slightly easier than the Sworkz and is a bit easier to drive, but it could well be setups...to be honest I don't think you can go wrong with either. I do expect the Sworkz to change a lot in the next 12 months as Hara runs it though! The layout makes it easier to run shorties in the RB too!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Rookie

More for bashing: how is the durability of RB E-ONE R V2?
Old 03-31-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Whats the status on these cars? This thread has died down without much action.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got my kit Christmas Eve and just finished the build tonight, already have the v1 kit in rolling chassis and decided for the price of 90 all in I would get the pro version, realy hopeing this tread restarts as I've been told by the shops selling the kits that many many kits have been sold just before Christmas.

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-image.jpg

Found the build ok as its my second build since I owned many years ago the kyosho mp5, the v2 came with loads of spares that turns out are needed to build the v1 and nitro version so they just give to you also instruction had a few issues that made things really confusing.

Will post up pics of the build
Old 12-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

This is the v1 version and to be honest much prefer the way it's built and setup compared to the v2
[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-image.jpg

The anti roll bar is better placed on the v1, currently on the v2 version the rear anti toll bar is to close the cvd axle on full swing arm down it interferes with the dog bone have tried and looked and referred to the manual but can work out why it's like that.

Tried to see if the v1 body would fit in the v2 but no joy as the v1 body is shorter if us ring the existing holes.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Just some build pics.
[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0448.jpg
Front drive

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0446.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0449.jpg
Rear Assemble

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0453.jpg
new Modified and lightened chassis plate

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0454.jpg

ball raced Steering and servo saver
Old 12-28-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Initiate

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0455.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0457.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0459.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0461.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0463.jpg
Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0467.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0473.jpg
dampers are silky smooth filled with 600 supplied in kit

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0479.jpg
left hand treaded screw to be fittied on left side of kit

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0491.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0493.jpg
Old 12-29-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Initiate

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0501.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0499.jpg

[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0497.jpg

That's as far as I got a few days ago , electrics are ordered, not spending a huge amount at the moment, decided to go for 1900kv brushless unsensed and a 150amp speed controller, will be running 2x 2s 2500 30c lipo, not huge power but cheap enough to get the car running and then buy better things. also 2x lipo low cell warning alarm going to be fitted.

electrics install to follow when items turn
Old 12-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Good luck. I had one for about a month and a half. Couldn't keep it together. If you can't stay clean without accidents, keep plenty of spares.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
Good luck. I had one for about a month and a half. Couldn't keep it together. If you can't stay clean without accidents, keep plenty of spares.
Thanks for that, I am surprised of the manual as there are a few assemble instruction that don't mention using thread lock, were really it should be applied, as an engineer for the mod I have a fairly good understanding of engineering, so I have applied my knowledge in the build and applied thread lock to what I think is good practice.

Agree parts wise, the future may be pleak, but talking to various shops the end may not be as close as the moulding and various other company credentials have ben brought by another company.,(time will tell) one shop I spoke to out of a few i did ring had 300 kits in stock and was selling about 2-3 kits a day in dec before Christmas break, they did mention that they will be happy to split the parts from the remaining kits and sell of independent components.

This is why I am trying to bring the tread up to date to help others and also get good advice from past owners and people in the forum, 1/8 buggy are all similar and I have already been looking at other models and the compatibility of transferring parts, Losi eight 2.0, kyosho and Sworkz are model that have components that can be used on this buggy.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

even mugen's manual don't tell to put loctite on some spots that are necessary !
Old 12-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Tech Initiate

A quick job tonight, have been trying to find a black RB one spoiler for the v2, did order a cheapo HPI one for the V1 but realy wanted to keep the v2 standard, so no joy to hold as RB did not even produce one in black.

So decided to get the rattle can out and spray it instead
[NEW 1/8 BUGGY] RB E-ONE R-img_0526.jpg

The paint used is a black enamel high gloss which is used for painting auto panel stone chips areas, rolls bars, high inpact area, used the same paint spraying the v1 engine mount. have used the same paint on plastics in the past and this stuff sticks and is flexible to a degree, I know it will eventually get marks and scratched but then it can be retouched up if need.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Curious to what parts are interchangeable? Also what company bought them out?

Originally Posted by RBEoneRMark View Post
Thanks for that, I am surprised of the manual as there are a few assemble instruction that don't mention using thread lock, were really it should be applied, as an engineer for the mod I have a fairly good understanding of engineering, so I have applied my knowledge in the build and applied thread lock to what I think is good practice.

Agree parts wise, the future may be pleak, but talking to various shops the end may not be as close as the moulding and various other company credentials have ben brought by another company.,(time will tell) one shop I spoke to out of a few i did ring had 300 kits in stock and was selling about 2-3 kits a day in dec before Christmas break, they did mention that they will be happy to split the parts from the remaining kits and sell of independent components.

This is why I am trying to bring the tread up to date to help others and also get good advice from past owners and people in the forum, 1/8 buggy are all similar and I have already been looking at other models and the compatibility of transferring parts, Losi eight 2.0, kyosho and Sworkz are model that have components that can be used on this buggy.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Ive been told by friends that live in dutch land that there is a company very interested in the purchase of some of the company tooling and credentials, the RB One buggy is really popular over there and still used for racing comps

As for spares this sis a short list of what is know to fit or can be exchanged across.mylist is slowing growing each time I can confirm the match.

The front dogbones don't take much abuse. Change front dogbones to losi 2.0 ones as they are a perfect fit.
Springs

With no RB alternatives for shock springs available for the RB One we have to look to other manufacturers for compatible ones.

Kyosho springs fit
RC8T springs fit
DNX408 springs fit
xray 808 springs fit
Hong Nor springs fit

Durango DNX408 springs (17/2/12) and they are exactly the same size - The blue RB One standard spring is identical to the blue DNX408 spring.

Hotbodies D8T and xray 808 rear shocks fit and the caster truggy shocks

Flywheel
The flywheel 36mm which is the same as the Durango DNX408 one.

Hubs
RB One uses the same bearings on the hubs as the Losi 2.0 (and the Agama too).
equivalents to Losi LOSA6953 12.7x19.07x4mm (1/2"x 3/4" x 5/32") and LOSA6945 8x14x4mm.

The flanged bearings mentioned above are only used on the centre diff. They are the same as the LOSA6948 (8x14x4mm).

The front and rear diffs have the standard 8x16x5mm bearings from several 1/8th scale buggies, like the Hyper 7 (Part#84076) or Agama (Part#AGM53) etc. These bearings aren't on a Losi.

Mugen Ali Wheel Scrappers ( dont know which model though as bought 2nd hand) fit straight on to the rear hub carriers

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.