Team Durango DESC210R >

Team Durango DESC210R

Like Tree9Likes

Team Durango DESC210R

Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cnelson3 View Post
can someone tell me about the durango plastics? are they jello like the losi xxx sct or stiff like the kyosho stuff? I've been a big kyosho fan and it's mainly because the plastics are awesome. AE stuff turns to slop sooooo fast and i heard losi stuff does the same.
Hey Chris,

Durango plastic is in the hard side, harder than my B4 and Losi stuff for sure. I think you can compare it to Kyosho.

I will be at Trackside this Saturday to take a look.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
The stock plastic on the Losi SCT are junk. Flex like wet noodles.
The worst is the Venom SC. You could tie the A arms into knots.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Hey Chris,

Durango plastic is in the hard side, harder than my B4 and Losi stuff for sure. I think you can compare it to Kyosho.

I will be at Trackside this Saturday to take a look.
i'll try to make it down. don't see why i can't but i'm sure with 2 kids, something can come up. I sold the kyosho. taking a break for a little bit. I'm not out for good, that's why i'm taking some time to research other rides. im excited to see how this truck turns out. big bores and options. all durango has to do is get the parts issue down and i could see them getting huge in the US.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

I think it is cool that Durango keeps comming out with new kits but it would be GREAT if they actually could keep a large number of their parts in stock before worrying about another kit to get out.

Sorry for ranting
Bigdog
Old 02-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog5332 View Post
I think it is cool that Durango keeps comming out with new kits but it would be GREAT if they actually could keep a large number of their parts in stock before worrying about another kit to get out.

Sorry for ranting
Bigdog
+1
Old 02-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

i was just thinking of getting a 2wd short course... Hmm.... this is about the only class i haven't tried..
Old 02-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
i was just thinking of getting a 2wd short course... Hmm.... this is about the only class i haven't tried..
It's truly a great class

I think that knowing that the DEX is pig weight wise, the DESC might actually not need a whole lot of extra weight to make it handle like my old SC-R did

Can't wait for this thing to release! (saving mah pennies now lol)
Old 02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman182006 View Post
It's truly a great class

I think that knowing that the DEX is pig weight wise, the DESC might actually not need a whole lot of extra weight to make it handle like my old SC-R did

Can't wait for this thing to release! (saving mah pennies now lol)
You know, weight isn't always a bad thing. The 210 is heavy, compared to the 22 and the B4/.1, but those two cars are also very twitchy and not as stable on bumpy tracks as the 210. The 210 also doesn't need weight added, yet people still add more. It could really use some corner balancing and having some of that weight moved to different places, but it certainly isn't a "pig".
Old 02-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
You know, weight isn't always a bad thing. The 210 is heavy, compared to the 22 and the B4/.1, but those two cars are also very twitchy and not as stable on bumpy tracks as the 210. The 210 also doesn't need weight added, yet people still add more. It could really use some corner balancing and having some of that weight moved to different places, but it certainly isn't a "pig".
Thats kinda what I meant lol, my old SC-R had a -load of weight in the rear (I think it was heavier than a stock Slash) and it ran great and no one could get a fender on me and win
Old 02-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So, what do we think this is going to cost? Somewhere around $300? Hopefully they don't get carried away like Kyosho did with the SC-R SP.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ndi_guy View Post
So, what do we think this is going to cost? Somewhere around $300? Hopefully they don't get carried away like Kyosho did with the SC-R SP.
I suspect $275-$285 range.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I suspect $275-$285 range.
The DEX210 is $275 on AMain so I figure around 285-300 would be about the ballpark street price
Old 02-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog5332 View Post

Sorry for ranting
Bigdog
+1 There is still parts that have NEVER come in for the 210 buggy. Since then they have released the 8th electric buggy (parts????haha yeah right) and are getting ready for truggy.

SLOW DOWN DURANGO you are actually hurting your fan base by moving too fast. We have had several drivers that actually liked the car leave it at our track from lack of parts support. 270 dollar rollers are just paper weights. Guys at our track are flocking back to AE, and the major reason is parts! Pretty much 2 seasons in a row Durango drivers have delt with this. From the moment the 410 was released it was hard to get parts for. If they are serious about racing you would think this would be the number one issue to fix. Instead they just keeping making more models that will have shabby support. Maybe Hobbico changes this, but at this point there is no reason to believe that will be the case. I love my Rango cars but even I have my limits.

For the record I am a dealer, and if you saw how many people I have to turn away from Durango because of the kits being out of stock and lack of parts you might get a better understanding of the point I am trying to make here.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I want i want
Old 02-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall View Post
+1 There is still parts that have NEVER come in for the 210 buggy. Since then they have released the 8th electric buggy (parts????haha yeah right) and are getting ready for truggy.

SLOW DOWN DURANGO you are actually hurting your fan base by moving too fast. We have had several drivers that actually liked the car leave it at our track from lack of parts support. 270 dollar rollers are just paper weights. Guys at our track are flocking back to AE, and the major reason is parts! Pretty much 2 seasons in a row Durango drivers have delt with this. From the moment the 410 was released it was hard to get parts for. If they are serious about racing you would think this would be the number one issue to fix. Instead they just keeping making more models that will have shabby support. Maybe Hobbico changes this, but at this point there is no reason to believe that will be the case. I love my Rango cars but even I have my limits.

For the record I am a dealer, and if you saw how many people I have to turn away from Durango because of the kits being out of stock and lack of parts you might get a better understanding of the point I am trying to make here.
+1 although I'm not a dealer.

I just ran at Motorama 2012, I had my DESC410R out and it was good (as far as I could tell there were only 2 at the event), till I broke the front arm, due to lack of parts, I had to bring out my backup truck, the Losi SCTE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service