R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-17-2005, 09:33 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

WOW!!!

Peanut wins Stock Truck and 2wd Stock!? And then 4wd and 2wd mod!? What a weekend for the Nut-congrats!

RC America / XRayUSA / Hudy / Motiv / Avid / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:43 AM   #17
Tech Elite

What a weekend for Losi..sweeping the event! And Trinity for taking four of the five classes!
Old 01-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

D Mac- Yeah, before this year I had made 3 "A's" out of four classes, but this year was a little tuff. They had issues with personals not counting, so about 40 people went to using the track transponders. I didn't count on my first run, and on the second run, it didn't count my first lap, so during ifmar Q's, after the five minutes was up, I ran that lap and another thinking I was done, but since the very first lap didn't count, on my last lap, it was about 8 seconds longer than it should have been because I pulled over to be turned off, and missed the "A" by 6 secs. Sucks but i guess it's my own fault. In mod I made one mistake, and it put me in the "C." Little dissapointing considering my past finishes, but still respectable considering the tallent pool got alot bigger this year with 6 people from CA added to the list, all who are world class drivers.

Yeah, Travis was on, he won everything but mod truck. Ryan Mayfield had the fastest 2wd in the main. I wouldn't call it intentional (but some thought it as questionable), but there was contact between him and Travis on the next to last lap. Mayfield put a sweet clean pass on him at the end of the straight, and then in the double right after that, Travis got into the back of Mayfield. And it hung him on the pipe. It was an amazing drive by Mayfield, he came from 5th to first in about 5 laps, passing Jesse and Dave clean.

Most of the people who ran the race were doing it for the first time, and most everything went really smooth. I think the only mistake was running 5 min qualifiers. In the past it has been 4 mins, and was changed this year. Saturday night we got to the hotel room at 2:00, and had to be at the track again at 8:00 to be ready to go by 9:00. With 4 min Q's it was always about 11:00 when we got back. We left the track at 10:45 Sunday, which is brutal for people had had planned to go home that night. The resorts were a little long also, but it gave the people great "learning experience" for the gas race, and for next year. Other than the personals not counting for some people, it really had no glitches.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Did they change the track between stock and mod? Or was stock really FASTER than Mod this weekend?
Same track. The mod TQ times were faster in mod, but for many, they did run as fast in stock as in mod. Most of this was due to the track drying out on Sunday. It stayed damp for longer on Saturday, but on Sunday, times were slower due to track drying out. I think that 2wd and 4wd TQ was set in the first round also, and I know that truck was.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #20
Tech Regular

I think that new rear end on Peanuts car helped him a lot. Lil' Dave was pretty hooked up. And I'm pretty sure Tasker ruined any chance that Maifield had of winning.
pretty fun 2wd race to watch though.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:38 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Brandon

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you had a little bad luck that sucks. Need to get you to go to the indoor track here, its comming around.
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:34 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Can someone give us a update on the gas racing???
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote