Wiki Posts
Search

at last got my hands on the DEX410V3

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Mini8 Menace
i have been doing some research on classes that run in my area and I'm have trouble finding a 17.5 class for buggy i am already running 10.5 in my stadium truck and and some 10.5 set ups in my mini8 and rc18b2 and rc18t so now i am leaning towards a 10.5 to 8 turn and i am wondering what would be a good choice of motor brand an turn rating also an esc that would work good with those turn motors i am still leaning towards the rs and i know the rs is good to a 5.5 turn so what would be the best combo
indoors? whats the track size? i love my 10.5, i could probably use a 13.5 and may step down.. i'm newer to 4wd, and due to my work schedule, up til this point i haven't raced too much this year but the 10.5s power has been spot on.

as far as a motor, i hear good things about the Trinity D3s, RevTechs, Orions.. i run viper, i've been pleased with them they've been smooth and torquey.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default looking for a lower turn motor

I've been online and on the phone all day looking for tracks near me and what their classes are and i found out that i will have to go with a lower turn motor i have some 10.5 that I'm real comfortable with should i go with the 10.5 or a lower turn like a 6.5 to 8.5
so what would be the best set up for those turn motors and esc now since i am looking at different motors and esc open for all inputs
i plan on tuning it down till i get real comfortable and the let it blast guess I'm be hitting the dirt running
Old 02-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I've been online and on the phone all day looking for tracks near me and what their classes are and i found out that i will have to go with a lower turn motor i have some 10.5 that I'm real comfortable with should i go with the 10.5 or a lower turn like a 6.5 to 8.5
so what would be the best set up for those turn motors and esc now since i am looking at different motors and esc open for all inputs
i plan on tuning it down till i get real comfortable and the let it blast guess I'm be hitting the dirt running
Why will you "have" to go to a lower turn motor ?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

At the position you are in I can't see any reason NOT to get the RS Pro. You don't own an RS, so right now the difference is about $50. If you buy an RS and it just won't cut it, then you need to spend the total amount on a Pro which is what $190? Get the RS Pro and then you don't have to worry about it.

Pick up the high speed servo you are looking at, as long as the torque rating is still above the 150 range you will be fine.

RevTech also make lower turn motors and they are great. I think for almost any track you'd be very happy with an 7.5 and for the smaller tracks you can just take away a little bit of power in the radio or speedo.

The only thing you haven't mentioned is batteries. Make sure you get some that have a 50C or higher rating so that you aren't limiting yourself on power with those. The higher C rating will also last longer when pushed in a 4wd car.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default thanks guys

i was able to get to the races today and from what i have been told is to go with a 8.5 D3 and I'm going with the rs pro it can handle more power and i would not have to upgrade when i go to a lower turn and as for the servo I'm think I'm gonna get the savox titanium high speed if anyone has some different ideas please let me know
Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtydan
You need an rs pro in a 4wd if not you will have thermal issues. So in my opinion get the rs pro and what ever motor you want. I would recommend the 17.5t from trinity because it's the fastest 17.5 out right now.
FYI: the Revtech IS a Trinity motor, and from what I have heard it is one of the best!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

If you are using Spektrum radio you will need a glitch buster when using Savox servos .

I have D3 motors and a Revtech , they both are awesome !
Old 02-05-2012, 07:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

10.5T in a 4WD buggy is really FUN! I ran that one year at our big race we had a super stock 4wd buggy class and it was perfect! PLENTY of power for anything on the track yet not too much as to get you broken!
Old 02-05-2012, 07:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

i was able to get to the races today and from what i have been told is to go with a 8.5 D3 and I'm going with the rs pro it can handle more power and i would not have to upgrade when i go to a lower turn and as for the servo I'm think I'm gonna get the savox titanium high speed if anyone has some different ideas please let me know
The D3 motors are great!
The Savox servos are power hungry and noisy... If you don't mind the need for a glitchbuster then go with it! BUT as another option you can find good high quality lightly used servos in the for sale section... I might be able to hook ya up with a very nice one if you are looking for something fast that is!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default yes i run spektrum

the servo is what I've been having trouble with i run spektrum receiver the SR3520 micro and from what i hear the dex410v3 docent have much room for electronics thats why i would be using it but if that is not sufficient i have the the sr300 so my question is what would be a good servo to use and I'm looking for one with around 160 to 180 tq but if that would be to little or too much please let me know and what would be a good servo to use considering that i run spektrum
Old 02-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thecman26
10.5T in a 4WD buggy is really FUN! I ran that one year at our big race we had a super stock 4wd buggy class and it was perfect! PLENTY of power for anything on the track yet not too much as to get you broken!
is your 10.5 boosted because everyone i talk to says to go with a lower turn and tune it down and when i get more comfortable with it adjust the settings to what i can handle what kind of track do you run on because most of the tracks around me where i would be racing at are pretty large long straights and some good size jumps
Old 02-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default what servo would work best

Originally Posted by thecman26
The D3 motors are great!
The Savox servos are power hungry and noisy... If you don't mind the need for a glitchbuster then go with it! BUT as another option you can find good high quality lightly used servos in the for sale section... I might be able to hook ya up with a very nice one if you are looking for something fast that is!
since i run spektrum what would be a good servo and I've been told to look at ones that the tq is between 160 and 180 not sure if that is to much or to less
Old 02-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

JR , Futaba , Hitec and Ace/AE
Old 02-05-2012, 09:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

i have been doing some research on classes that run in my area and I'm have trouble finding a 17.5 class for buggy i am already running 10.5 in my stadium truck and and some 10.5 set ups in my mini8 and rc18b2 and rc18t so now i am leaning towards a 10.5 to 8 turn and i am wondering what would be a good choice of motor brand an turn rating also an esc that would work good with those turn motors i am still leaning towards the rs and i know the rs is good to a 5.5 turn so what would be the best combo
If the local tracks for your area run a mod 4wd class then you can run whatever you want in that class! Get the 17.5 it might be better to learn how to drive the 4wd better then move up from there! FYI: those Revtechs are hot so you shouldn't have any trouble unloading it if you end up wanting to sell it later! Like I said 10.5t in 4wd buggy is really fun!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

since i run spektrum what would be a good servo and I've been told to look at ones that the tq is between 160 and 180 not sure if that is to much or to less
I have 2 JR9100S servos for sale I think they are 180/0.06, it is the best of both worlds has good torque and is REALLY FAST!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.