Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra Lx2E

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Ofna Ultra Lx2E

Has anybody tried this buggy out and is it good for club racing for racing period ?
Looking at the pics in the stock form it looks good and strong and the price is really good !

Sorry its a LX2E not 1.

Last edited by tc5 man; 01-30-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Or the Hyper 9e star ? I looked at the pics of it and its really balanced and the price is good but man without electrics it weights 7.2 pounds kinda heavy for buggy after you add the electrics . But is the Hyper 9e star good on 1/8 scale offroad tracks that can get rough ?

Of course i know the Hyper 9e star is much better than this buggy i posted.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have 2x LX1e's but one has LX2e shocks so it's basically an LX2e (there isn't really any difference. I like them and for the price, you probably won't find a buggy that handles any better. They're VERY durable/tough. The only time I've broken parts is from crazy/stupid things - 1 was a head on with an RC8Be and he ended up just as bad as the LX1e. Other was just hitting dirt jumps at full speed (it's geared for around 80km/h).

Awesome buggies IMO though!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RatsacK
I have 2x LX1e's but one has LX2e shocks so it's basically an LX2e (there isn't really any difference. I like them and for the price, you probably won't find a buggy that handles any better. They're VERY durable/tough. The only time I've broken parts is from crazy/stupid things - 1 was a head on with an RC8Be and he ended up just as bad as the LX1e. Other was just hitting dirt jumps at full speed (it's geared for around 80km/h).

Awesome buggies IMO though!

Ok so its competive for racing ? The only thing i dont like is that Ofna doesnt have hop up universal center axles and rear im not a fan of dog bone axles really the E-Clips on the supension i can shoo goo them .

The weight of it doesnt seem bad at 7.2 pounds without the electrics etc so im guessing with everything its around 8. something pounds.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

I dunno about competitive for racing. It'll go around a track but compared to an RC8Be or proper race buggy, you'll probably be a bit behind but that's the price you pay for not wanting to spend I guess...
Old 01-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RatsacK
I dunno about competitive for racing. It'll go around a track but compared to an RC8Be or proper race buggy, you'll probably be a bit behind but that's the price you pay for not wanting to spend I guess...

Ok thanks this was just a thought i wasnt nessary getting it i know for club racing depending on the driver i think it could be competive with upgraded axles also if theres anybody who makes them .
Old 07-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default very good buggy

the ofna ultra lxe2 is a very good buggy i own one my self i have drove it around for a while and have not broke it yet its very durable down side is its kind of heavy but everything is beefy so it rarely brakes overal it handels well and is fast so if you are considering buying one i suggest it for the price. hope that helped decisions
Old 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have that the lx1e. I ran in twice then it's sat on my shelf for 2 years. If you want to do some club racing I'd get something else.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Bringing this back from the dead I see....

I'd get the Hyperstar. Really nice buggy, competitive if setup somewhat well.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kcooper273
Bringing this back from the dead I see....

I'd get the Hyperstar. Really nice buggy, competitive if setup somewhat well.
From what I've read/seen, it looks like it's basically a Hyper 9E. Can anyone confirm? Looks a nice buggy either way.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Suspended

Default Ofna Ultra Lx2E

Yes the ofna ultra can race and win with all the big guys.Only thing makes the associated and losi guys win is setup and time behind the wheel. If you make the same effore with the Ofna yes you can win.Just remember it isnt all the car its the driver also.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Suspended

Winning isnt how deep your pockets are. Its how smooth you drive your line.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Anyone know if of an inexpensive body (from another rc maybe) that I can get LXE2 rather than the original? I pick up a roller for $60 and don't want to spend $40 on the original body...