Wiki Posts
Search

2WD Buggy, Losi or Durango?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default 2WD Buggy, Losi or Durango?

Buddy wanted me to post this, he couldnt. Don't hate.

Originally Posted by shark2288
Losi tlr22 vs. Durango dex 210

I'm looking to get out of my kyosho rb5 sp2. im leaning towards the tlr 22 or the dex 210. How do these two compare to each other or to the kyosho? The track I run on is hard packed clay with medium bite.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Asking the same question myself! Now the b4.1 Worlds is out and looks good too. Also, why are so many selling their Losi 22s these days?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robcamj
Asking the same question myself! Now the b4.1 Worlds is out and looks good too. Also, why are so many selling their Losi 22s these days?
Is the worlds available yet? I wish it came with big bores. I do notice a lot of losi's in the selling forum. Why is that? I'm the one who's really asking the question. I drove durango and the Losi tonight. The durango had the wrong tires on the front, so it pushed on power. The losi I drove was so loose it was very hard to drive. I need to try one that is setup properly. From what I driven, I would by the durango. The kyosho is good, but to expensive to maintain.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

All 3 will win on any given Sunday, I mean race day. Boils down to LHS support and if u like.being different. If everyone else is running 22 go 210 or the other way 'round.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
All 3 will win on any given Sunday, I mean race day. Boils down to LHS support and if u like.being different. If everyone else is running 22 go 210 or the other way 'round.
At my track they run the losi, Ae and the kyosho for the most part. There are only about 4 durangos from what I seen. For some i like having the different car. But it has to perform too!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

B4.1 worlds looks to released 3/1/12.. I have driven a 210, Rb5sp2, 22 and really you could throw a blanket over them. They all have their own personality traits that can be adjusted to. Parts support is a plus, but none of them really had a problems with breaking parts all by themselves, had a lot to do with driver input though...I really liked the 210 one day, and really disliked it the next day, especially if you had to work on the rear end of the car..ugh. I ran a 22 last summer, and couldn't seem to get it to work for me, but it seems to be coming around as of late. As far as a lot of 22's for sale, you have to remember how many they have sold, look at the post numbers in the 22 thread alone, over a million in one year, the "K" thread started in '07 and has 600k posts..
Old 01-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Just posting facts, nothing more.

-Jorn just won the Reedy Race, 2wd & 4wd, with Durangos. However, any car is going to be fast in the right hands and with the right setup.

-Nobody can tell you which buggy to get. That decision is only yours to make. Anyone who posts here and says one buggy is better than the other is lying, and shouldn't be taken seriously. There is no way anyone but yourself can tell you which is going to be better for you, at your track, and with your local hobby shop parts stock.

-210 has parts availability issues (going to get better since Hobbico bought them out)
-Ball cups are hit/miss on getting a good batch vs. bad.
-Heavier than the 22, but the 22 is really light, which isn't always a bad thing.
-210 ball diff is so easy to build and smoother than any other ball diff I've built.
-Caster, rear anti-squat (hinge pin block), front axle location, and rear toe are quick and simple changes with pills for the hubs.
-Front & rear droop screws which means no spacers on your shocks to limit.
-Can use B4 rear wheels with spacers and different pins.
-There is a company making new front axles to use B4 front wheels.

I've driven every buggy out there, and IMO, the 210 feels better to drive, kit setup is very fast and controllable, easy to drive and very forgiving.

Your buddy can't go wrong with either kit. Both will be fast, and if he's a good driver then he should be able to setup either car to place in a short amount of time.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Just posting facts, nothing more.

-Jorn just won the Reedy Race, 2wd & 4wd, with Durangos. However, any car is going to be fast in the right hands and with the right setup.

-Nobody can tell you which buggy to get. That decision is only yours to make. Anyone who posts here and says one buggy is better than the other is lying, and shouldn't be taken seriously. There is no way anyone but yourself can tell you which is going to be better for you, at your track, and with your local hobby shop parts stock.

-210 has parts availability issues (going to get better since Hobbico bought them out)
-Ball cups are hit/miss on getting a good batch vs. bad.
-Heavier than the 22, but the 22 is really light, which isn't always a bad thing.
-210 ball diff is so easy to build and smoother than any other ball diff I've built.
-Caster, rear anti-squat (hinge pin block), front axle location, and rear toe are quick and simple changes with pills for the hubs.
-Front & rear droop screws which means no spacers on your shocks to limit.
-Can use B4 rear wheels with spacers and different pins.
-There is a company making new front axles to use B4 front wheels.

I've driven every buggy out there, and IMO, the 210 feels better to drive, kit setup is very fast and controllable, easy to drive and very forgiving.

Your buddy can't go wrong with either kit. Both will be fast, and if he's a good driver then he should be able to setup either car to place in a short amount of time.
I thought the losi felt very heavy compared to my kyosho. Never checked the weight of rango. Do most guys run shorty's in both of these?
Old 01-30-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Here's another thing you should consider. Your RB5 can share rear wheels with your B44's rear hex conversion. You can use the same wheels on the 22, RB5 and B4 with hex conversions. Not sure what kind of wheels the 210 uses.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.

Originally Posted by Asharus
Here's another thing you should consider. Your RB5 can share rear wheels with your B44's rear hex conversion. You can use the same wheels on the 22, RB5 and B4 with hex conversions. Not sure what kind of wheels the 210 uses.
you can run rb5 wheels on the R of the durango , but not tthe front..all you need for the rear end to run RB5 wheels is a 12mm drive hex set from the losi XXX-sct and they bolt on and are even legal width and the proper offset.Just came from running an rb5 sp2 myself so I have some rubber mounted on K wheels to use up,LOL
Attached Thumbnails 2WD Buggy, Losi or Durango?-004.jpg   2WD Buggy, Losi or Durango?-002.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Excellent info, there ya go Vinny, you can use the rear tires you already have for the B44/RB5. Now the only deciding factor for you is parts support from our LHS. Not to mention, the dudes that pit around us are all AE/Kyosho drivers. You may have to move closer to Losi central or the Durango guys, for the constant help you need. The K guys were always within earshot and was easy for you to get help
Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I recently sold 3 22`s, here are the problems I see with the car for the AVERAGE driver. First the car gyrates too much in the air if you dont hot the jump square. 2nd is the screws that hold the wheel on I have lost count to how many timesI have seen people forget to put lock tite on them and have a wheel come off. 3rd the aluminum chassis hasno flex. The only tracks where I see an average driver running well with this car are mainly hard packed high bite clay tracks. On the same note the Durango looks to be the same way it just has those cute plastic guards on the side of it. However I do think the steering is far superior on a dango over the losi. I like the 22 I just think done things should have been tested and refined a little more before bringing it to market. I also think the 4.1 and rb5 are more forgiving than both of the cars your buddy is debating. Again, this is just my experience as an average driver and watching others with the car.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

no love for the schumacher cougar sv ?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thefnshow
no love for the schumacher cougar sv ?
we had one guy dump that car for a RB5 WC recently. no rear motor mount option = no bueno for our track.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gangstacoupe
I also think the 4.1 and rb5 are more forgiving than both of the cars your buddy is debating.
WHAT? HAHAHA The B4.1 is the LEAST forgiving buggy on the market. I have owned and raced all of the buggies listed in this thread, and the 210 is by far the most forgiving to drive, followed by the 22.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.