Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTB2 reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (97%+)

the mmp wont fit into a 2wd buggy. its too tall. i want to run the same esc in all my cars. im selling my scte and getting back into 2wd buggy and stadium truck and maybe a 2wd sc (but that will be later on). think im going to do the gtb2 and but the new board so when i run mod i can put timing in.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't know, but i had an original gtb and the thing was tough! Maybe not some of the most advanced features, but I think it all depends on what your intended application is.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq_racing
the mmp wont fit into a 2wd buggy. its too tall. i want to run the same esc in all my cars. im selling my scte and getting back into 2wd buggy and stadium truck and maybe a 2wd sc (but that will be later on). think im going to do the gtb2 and but the new board so when i run mod i can put timing in.
strange, don't recall having a problem like that as long as the body was setup with the right bump out.

that GTB2 does it need a fan? if so, you may have the same issue.

back when the bodies didn't have room for the fans, people would just cut a flap.

No worries though, the GTB2 from what people are saying sounds good.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

gtb2 doesnt need a fan. and on the 22 it sits above the battery so there isnt much room
Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq_racing
You can cut the fan off the Mamba Max pro and use it in 2wd buggy.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I use the gtb2 in all of my cars. Simple, smooth, and reliable...not to mention about as cost effective as you can get. Fits fine in my rb5, it is a little smaller than the older gtb. For buggy you dont usually need the fan...runs very cool.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its been bullet proof for me and I had to flip the cap. It is smoother than an older gtb for sure.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

alright thanks everyone. im 99.9% sure im going with the gtb2. im only going to be running stock so its everything i need and when i go to run mod i really have never used timing so it doesnt matter. and if i want to use timing ill just buy the sc esc that has it
Old 01-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Novak GTB2

I'm running stock CORR with a 17.5 Viper and the GTB2. I don't know what the issue is but it lacks the punch I need. It tears during the long haul but not very torquey when i try getting over a double or a short run leading to a cross over. I'm currently geared at 27/84.

I don't know where to turn or what to do to try and improve this....
Old 01-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What truck is it in? Sometimes it is a feel issue. Try lowering your drive frequency and see if that helps. Lowering the drive frequency can help the power delivery to feel more punchy. Let us know.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Matt,

It's in my Losi XXX-SCT.. So what do you think would be a good gear ratio then? I'd hate to but another ESC cos I'm kinda strapped for cash (via my wife) I really appreciate your help..

Thanks?
Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

shouldnt going down a tooth or 2 on you pinion do the trick?
Old 01-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
What truck is it in? Sometimes it is a feel issue. Try lowering your drive frequency and see if that helps. Lowering the drive frequency can help the power delivery to feel more punchy. Let us know.
tried that already plus gearing etc.. I personally feel this is just not a good esc for stock(17.5) racing. Just seems to lack alot in stock.. It'll work fine in modified IMO...(pghgamer) John you've to remember the other guys running stock with you are running tekins,vipers with boost plus running timing on the can. On the new layout you won't have those problems that you were having on the last even if your lacking a lil punch...
Old 01-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

on our tracking you cant run boost or timing in stock (17.5)
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

PGHgamer is geared about right. Try adjusting the drive freq. If you are roaring down the straight and it feels good everywhere else, it sounds like it may be a vehicle tuning issue. Check your ride height, springs, and anti-squat settings. I don't have much experience with what is a good setup for the XXX-SCT, but I would try one of Root's setups if I was you.

If you absolutely feel you need to try tuning motor characteristics, try these steps: Are you achieving top speed 3/4 distance down your straightaway? If you still accelerating at 3/4 distance, I would lower the pinion by a tooth, but if you are already at top speed at 3/4 distance, I would leave your gearing where it is. PGHgamer, what are the temps on your motor after a race? Since you are allowed to increase timing, increase your can timing in one or two degree increments and keep monitoring temperatures. While you are tuning your can timing, keep checking temps on the speedo and motor every 3 minutes not allowing temps to get over 160F on either the motor or speed control. Once you are running after 5-6 minutes between 145 and 160F on the motor, then tune your pinion again like I described earlier. Good Luck. The GTB2 is an awesome speed control and I love beating Tekins with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.