RB5 SP

Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RB5 SP

So i have the RB5 1(.5), i have the big bores already but what other pieces will I need to change out to get to the Sp2 edition? Part numbers would be really appreciated thanks guys!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

There is a whole thing dedicated to the rb5 on here. It seems like u are good to go with the big bores. You could do the motor centering kit but not needed. One thing I'd say is to get alum suspension/hinge pin holders. Alum hubs are nice and alum steering rack too but those are just nice things to have. A lot of guys switched from the sp2 rear arms back to the sp arms with two holes for more adjustment.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sifting through a few hundred pages of stuff seemed like to much of a task, i did find a conversion online but they don't make it any more. so the aluminum is all that is really needed huh? i will buy the motor kit because i have it in my scr and in stock i need all the help i can get, being balanced and all.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

RB5 SP2 New Features

New Revised Rear Suspension Arms - The RB5 SP features rear suspension arms that are 2mm longer than the arms used on the original buggy. The longer arms, combined with other changes made to the rear suspension, give the SP2 better and more consistent traction through the corners and better bump handing, especially on high-bite tracks.

Rear Suspension Mounts and Transmission Housing - The lower rear suspension mounts on the chassis are revised to accommodate the longer suspension arms. The IFMAR legal maximum width is maintained by moving the suspension mounts 2mm towards the center of the chassis. The transmission housing is also modified to fit the new suspension mounts. The entire motor housing has shifted right 8mm to cancel any counter torque effect for more precise control!

New Sword Body - Chiseled lines combine with smooth, flowing sections to create a body that is not only attractive and boldly styled, it also provides greater down-force in combination with a medium rear wing for increased traction and greater high-speed stability.

Medium Size Step Wing - A medium sized step wing is included with the new Ultima RB5 SP2 for better overall control.

Out of those we use the centering kit for the motor, the rear arms, and the SP idler with BBs.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ColbyRichards View Post
sifting through a few hundred pages of stuff seemed like to much of a task, i did find a conversion online but they don't make it any more. so the aluminum is all that is really needed huh? i will buy the motor kit because i have it in my scr and in stock i need all the help i can get, being balanced and all.
Or you could ask the question IN that thread, where RB5 users alrady congregate to discuss the buggy. OR... the search function works wonders too.