R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Cost of Entry Fees getting out of control (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/590277-cost-entry-fees-getting-out-control.html)

sandjunkie 01-22-2012 12:41 PM

Cost of Entry Fees getting out of control

I just got my first look at this years flyer for the 2012 Cactus Classic
http://cactusclassic.com/WP/wp-conte...ctus-Flyer.png
ALMOST $100 a class REALLY????:flaming:
last years race fees were $65 for first class and $45 each additional and there were a record 487 entries. Now the big box of RC "Hobbytown" takes over and almost doubles the cost. I have to wonder if this will kill not only the attendance but the ability for independent drivers (non-sponsored) to afford to compete in this event. I would say that in the past at least 90% of this races entries were from out of town/state/country. There for most of the racers already have travel costs on top of that not to mention equipment costs with this track having a reputation of KILLING tires, my tire bill alone last year was around $400 bringing my total cost of the trip to almost $2000 and I live in Utah.
Now I understand that no one is forcing me to go to this race but I myself am a Track owner and operator and I just believe that if we continue to increase fees we will hinder the growth that our sport has seen in the last few years. We need to learn from our mistakes in the past if we want to see continued growth. COST is one of the biggest factors that almost killed the sport years ago.
thanks for listening to my .02
END RANT

edit Update from HobbytownSRS
2012 Pro-Line Cactus Classic update!

Included with your first paid entry ($95):
Pro-Line Cactus Classic commemorative pit mat!
Event T-Shirt!
Trophies to the Top 10 in all divisions!

All additional classes now only $55!!!

More updates and to come!

j_blaze14 01-22-2012 12:45 PM

supply and demand, been to a theme park lately? i live in florida and can't afford to take my family to disney world anymore. they are now reaching max capacity at some parks ant keeping people out.

klaymon 01-22-2012 12:52 PM

And people were complaining about the $60 entry fee for the Midwest Championships. :rolleyes:

Bigwave 01-22-2012 12:53 PM

I agree, these are the kinds of things that will kill the hobby for the average joe hobbyist.

Those fee increases are a little on the crazy side.

tc5 man 01-22-2012 02:03 PM

Well that is a big race and the most people only club race and doesnt really reflect most of us in the hobby but yes i agree $95 is insane for a race fee for raceing r/c cars ! I only club race and raced in one money race which was about $30 for the race fee.

If i remember and for a throphy race it was $25.

But thinking about it this race you posted is for six days so really $95 is not bad if your racing one class of course.

smokinu 01-22-2012 02:07 PM

i paid 95 bucks at silverstate 3 years ago. 95 bucks now is no raise in price fees.

lodhammerdin 01-22-2012 02:45 PM

If you look at the flyer, you will see the name "Adam Crippen". I know this jack ass and he will most likely ruin this prestigious race. He bought this with his daddy's money, that's how he buys everything. Don't be surprised if this is the last year that big names show up for this race.

nitro0619 01-22-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by klaymon (Post 10209747)
And people were complaining about the $60 entry fee for the Midwest Championships. :rolleyes:

Amen to that lol.......i can see the 60-80 entry fees but wow $95 for an outdoor event....that seems to me to keep the "hobbyist" away and let the big boys play only.....my .02

bigdaddyquale 01-22-2012 03:18 PM

this should police itself

I doubt the club race on wed is included! this should police its self. look at all the classes, 13.5 17.5 common really! If we racers go and pay 95 bucks to race 13.5 or 17.5 we are the ones to blame. Make a statment and don't go.

stg099 01-22-2012 03:22 PM

$255 to race 3 classes........ :rolleyes:

Talk about getting bent over... Time will tell, if the roster fills up, then it's not the guys asking for it that are crazy, it's the guys that are paying it.

Grandturk 01-22-2012 03:29 PM

I'm certainly not good enough to race in a $100 entry fee race. So I'd be out. But if I was and I was flying out there and staying all week and buying tires and such, it's actually or that bad. What's a day pass to Disney?

Dave H 01-22-2012 03:30 PM

Only 12 classes?

Jake S 01-22-2012 03:31 PM

so im guessing that $95 covers tuesday-sunday of racing.. including a CLUB RACE too :D

tc5 man 01-22-2012 03:34 PM

Thats why i mostly club race and do only some money races and thropy races the most il pay is $30 to $40 to race . I only way i whould go to a big event espially if its not a close track.

Is to pitch in money with somebody else to offset the race fee etc.

Vareck 01-22-2012 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by lodhammerdin (Post 10210217)
If you look at the flyer, you will see the name "Adam Crippen". I know this jack ass and he will most likely ruin this prestigious race. He bought this with his daddy's money, that's how he buys everything. Don't be surprised if this is the last year that big names show up for this race.

YOU ARE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you KNOW Adam like you say you do HIS Daddy hasn't had to pay for anything of his in YEARS!!! That and "BIG NAMES"
Don't pay anyways their Sponsorship does MORON!!!