Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
How to make my RC8TCE Electric tekno v4 conversion lighter ? >

How to make my RC8TCE Electric tekno v4 conversion lighter ?

How to make my RC8TCE Electric tekno v4 conversion lighter ?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Default How to make my RC8TCE Electric tekno v4 conversion lighter ?

Ok im wondering how to make my truggy lighter with easy things to do i already have the two titanuim or alum associated rear camber links but the front turnbuckles for the camber are steel and so is the steering rods. Whould buying the rest of the lighter buckles and a alum screw kit make it lose some weight little by little ?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Anybody know ?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Making a weight difference in an etruggy is difficult. The battery size and motor will make the largest difference.
Keep this in mind, heavy is not a bad thing. Sometimes a heavier car is a better car.
E
Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mebolson View Post
Making a weight difference in an etruggy is difficult. The battery size and motor will make the largest difference.
Keep this in mind, heavy is not a bad thing. Sometimes a heavier car is a better car.
E

Well i do run soft cased lipos i know that keeps the weight down but the thick long front driveshaft the tekno kit comes with added weight i believe maybe not though. Im coming from running the associated Rc8t conversion kit but this kit i have now is much better balanced.

I do have a pair of proline calibers that are light so il see when i mount them on.

I was looking at the carbon towers for the Rc8t i know that whould make a big diffrence but they lack the extra tuning holes. I know heavyer does make it better but theres a limit though lol.

Im running a 2200kv motor with 4s lipos.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

so if you replace every think with carbon towers and rest like the mugen does then it be light as a mugen am i right
Old 01-17-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

There is not much meaningful weight savings you can achieve in the chassis. Concentrate on wheels and tires, there is a lot of weight variance there and that makes the most noticeable difference.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Zebon: Yea i could do that and it would make the truck less a little bit of weight but like i was talking about on here it doesnt have the extra tuning holes that the CE towers have even though ive only ran the stock setting holes.

David: Makes sense although im still going to get rest of the titanuim turnbuckles mind as well since i already run two of them.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 291 (100%+)

If you really are wanting Graphite towers, give SNR Graphite a holler and see if they can make you some.

I wanted to lighten up my D8 so I had them make me some graphite shock towers as well as steering link.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
If you really are wanting Graphite towers, give SNR Graphite a holler and see if they can make you some.

I wanted to lighten up my D8 so I had them make me some graphite shock towers as well as steering link.

Ok il try that i wonder if they can make the same about of holes on the shock towers as the RC8TCE alum towers ?
Does a graphite steering link remove weight really compared to the alum ones to me it seems like mimunuim loss ?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Legend

It does weight less, it may not be this massive savings but the trick is to save what you can if you are concerned about weight. Every little bit adds up.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
It does weight less, it may not be this massive savings but the trick is to save what you can if you are concerned about weight. Every little bit adds up.

Makes sense i looked at the website you gave me the only ones from assoicated that they make is for the SC8 with 4 holes for the roll center but if i call and ask maybe they can make ones for the RC8T with 7 holes like the (CE towers)
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Wait. Didnt you post numurios times that a heavy truggy drives better then a light weight one. That a heavier truggy is more planted, That the added weight isn't noticeable on the track? What happened to theae theories or was it all smoke?
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rider313 View Post
Wait. Didnt you post numurios times that a heavy truggy drives better then a light weight one. That a heavier truggy is more planted, That the added weight isn't noticeable on the track? What happened to theae theories or was it all smoke?

Well yes it does but the RC8TCE as electric is heavyer than running it as nitro when i had my Assoicated conversion kit it was to heavy but now with the Tekno v4 chassis . It comes with a long front driveshaft thats needed to run but after i mount everything and than the tires it might be the same weight its likely just me being paranoid lol. So yea heavyer weight does drive better but theres a limit to it.

But buying lighter stuff doesnt hurt it that much if its not a major weight loss.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Good awnser.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Legend

I think also it depends on where the weight is. Having the weight as low as possible really helps handling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.