Wiki Posts
Search

Agama E Buggy thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Agama E Buggy thread

Please post all your set ups, pics and whatever else might have to do with an Agama E Buggy !
Old 01-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

getting mine this week. i drove the nitro buggy before and it is the most fun buggy i have ever driven. e buggy should be great.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hopefully the full E buggy will be out fairly soon,love to see updates on that.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

alright, got the buggy in, all nitro stuff removed. does anyone have a 2 stick pack conversion for this or maybe a losi i can get to fit in here.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Suspended

Hobby Pro usa Has the E conversion for 100.00 and its pretty nice !!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

yeah, thats 1 battery though, i'm looking for a conversion that uses to 7.4's
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM
Suspended

Thats the only one that i know of you are probably going to have to make your own!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Got my e-conversion installed today . Wish there was a 2 battery tray conversion out there. However I dont see how it would work. Maybe this time next year they will have the ebuggy kit out.

Now for pinion question the kit comes with a 19. Should I use it or got with something else for a 2000kv motor.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default 1st run

Been out for a while, just after I converted my agama using RDM D8 conversion and losi battery tray. This was before the conversion kit for the agama came out. I had to drill a new hole but it works out pretty well. As a nitro I had a very hard time tuning my buggy to handle ruts well and also keep the rear planted. Keep i mind I run on a 60/40 percent carpet/dirt track.
On my first outing with my Agama E, it handled very well and pretty much got the buggy to what i wanted it to do as a nitro but nerver got to. Funny thing, I never changed diff oils or shock oils. Now Im waiting for the truggy to come out and also convert that.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hideeho
I'm planning on getting into 1/8th scale offroad racing. I have been looking at the design of as many buggies as possible. Most manufacturers have designs that look completely different from others (other than ofna/hobao/jammin who seems to have a design that copies every other buggy out there). I have however noticed that the car from jq, agama a8 evo, & the Losi 8ight 2.0 have several design features that are very similar.

I'm not looking to start a flame war by asking which is better (the a8 obviously ), but I would like to know what the differences are. The car, 8ight, & a8 evo all have similar layouts & designs, but there are differences. What are those differences (arm length, number of mounting options f/r (camber/caster/toe/kickup), shock design, steering geometry & design, shock mount geometry & options, etc...). Are there any parts compatibility (engine mounts, difs, dif cases, shocks...).

As a point of reference, I am interested in going electric, either with a factory designed buggy (8ight) or using the rc monster (unless some has a better conversin other than the tekno, i really just don't like their engine mount) conversion(the car & a8 evo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA