Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless >

HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless

HPI savage flux hp vs Traxxas e-revo brushless

Old 01-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Thanks justpassedu, a lot of people have said the e revo is the better racer. At my local hobby store, the savage is $860 and the e revo is $975. If you were deciding on them based on price, which one would you get? The flux is a lot cheaper but the e revo comes with batteries and a charger. I will be bashing mostly, but occasionally I will meet up with my mates to have the odd race or bash.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrfluxman
Thanks justpassedu, a lot of people have said the e revo is the better racer. At my local hobby store, the savage is $860 and the e revo is $975. If you were deciding on them based on price, which one would you get? The flux is a lot cheaper but the e revo comes with batteries and a charger. I will be bashing mostly, but occasionally I will meet up with my mates to have the odd race or bash.
If handling is most important to you, get e-revo... if durability is most important to you, get the savage flux!
neither of these trucks are racers, both are bashers. However, the Savage Flux is way stronger and can take more abuse than the Revo, so I would have chosen the flux.

Both are good cars though.

Keep in mind that on the e-revo you WILL break driveshafts, even on 4s...
Old 01-19-2012, 03:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

The Savage you can convert to a 1/5 when you get bored with it, the E-Revo I guess you could convert to a boat anchor or a door stop?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nexxus
The Savage you can convert to a 1/5 when you get bored with it, the E-Revo I guess you could convert to a boat anchor or a door stop?
1+
hahaha
Old 01-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Thank you all for your input. Since I am completely new to rc, I have absolutely no intention of any conversions. I might do some upgrades, but that is about as far as I will go. Thanks anyway
Old 01-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
please don`t troll rc forums
Old 01-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you all for your input. Since I am completely new to rc, I have absolutely no intention of any conversions. I might do some upgrades, but that is about as far as I will go. Thanks anyway
I'd get a Slash 4X4. Seems to me like it would be cheaper to buy and keep it running and easier to work on than either the Revo or Savage. Probably as tough or tougher than either of them as well. The Slashes I see at my local track get the hell beat out of them and they keep running. About the only thing I've seen break on one is the body.

Good luck with whatever you decide to get.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Square Wheels
I'd get a Slash 4X4. Seems to me like it would be cheaper to buy and keep it running and easier to work on than either the Revo or Savage. Probably as tough or tougher than either of them as well. The Slashes I see at my local track get the hell beat out of them and they keep running. About the only thing I've seen break on one is the body.

Good luck with whatever you decide to get.
The slash may take a beating, but to be honest, nothing beats the savage flux' durability.
You will probably get more fun out of the savage, as it is wicked fun, way overpowered motor (just like E-revo) and can handle the power (durability wise)... just more "bang for the buck" IMO...
Old 01-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

savage is what you want. The batteries the erevo comes with can only handle minimal gearing and you wont be satisfied with that speed. IMO....a waste of money. The savage is not a racer, but is durable and will provide you with a lot of fun. Grab some decent lipos and let it rip....

If you want to seriously race, then don't get a savage. But, if you are looking for a good time, and a run anywhere truck.....savage 100%
Old 01-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Coming from experience, I've had a MERBE & ERBE & now Savage Flux HP & by far the Savage is hands down the best!!! I sold all my Traxxas products & this thing is a beast & takes a hell of a beating w/anything you throw at it. I've only broke one thing on it the last 7-8 months I've had & it was cheap. The ERBE is fast, sure, but going fast w/a Traxxas car is rolling the dice of when you gonna have to replace parts, you better have alot of spare parts on hand. The parts like most Traxxas stuff are cheap as hell & break, ERBE cannot even compare w/the Savage in that department. The Savage isn't really great at cornering and actual racing since it doesn't have a low COG so it'll flip over a little till you get used to using the throttle to slow it down. But make no mistake it hauls ass, I've used 6s on mine & its just too much to really enjoy it, 5s is the sweet spot plus I have other vehicles that I can use the 5s on.

As far as lipo's here are a few that I go with that are good quality & the cells last & all will fit the Savage Flux very well, I took off the battery cover that supposedly "secures" them which they don't at all & get some velcro @ Home Depot/Lowe's & use 2 velcro straps on each side & it works great plus its more flexible in allowing bigger lipos to fit. Never had a battery come out since! G/L w/ur choice bro & you can't go wrong w/a Savage, built to last.

Turnigy's @ Hobby King, shipping isn't the greatest sometimes
Gens Ace & Sky Lipo's from Hobby Partz.com are great, & are usually free shipping everytime I order from them.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by venom_sc8e
Coming from experience, I've had a MERBE & ERBE & now Savage Flux HP & by far the Savage is hands down the best!!! I sold all my Traxxas products & this thing is a beast & takes a hell of a beating w/anything you throw at it. I've only broke one thing on it the last 7-8 months I've had & it was cheap. The ERBE is fast, sure, but going fast w/a Traxxas car is rolling the dice of when you gonna have to replace parts, you better have alot of spare parts on hand. The parts like most Traxxas stuff are cheap as hell & break, ERBE cannot even compare w/the Savage in that department. The Savage isn't really great at cornering and actual racing since it doesn't have a low COG so it'll flip over a little till you get used to using the throttle to slow it down. But make no mistake it hauls ass, I've used 6s on mine & its just too much to really enjoy it, 5s is the sweet spot plus I have other vehicles that I can use the 5s on.

As far as lipo's here are a few that I go with that are good quality & the cells last & all will fit the Savage Flux very well, I took off the battery cover that supposedly "secures" them which they don't at all & get some velcro @ Home Depot/Lowe's & use 2 velcro straps on each side & it works great plus its more flexible in allowing bigger lipos to fit. Never had a battery come out since! G/L w/ur choice bro & you can't go wrong w/a Savage, built to last.

Turnigy's @ Hobby King, shipping isn't the greatest sometimes
Gens Ace & Sky Lipo's from Hobby Partz.com are great, & are usually free shipping everytime I order from them.

indeed! couldn't agree more.

Savage Flux = No problems. I've had my savage flux for 14months now, and except from a suspension arm and one bulkhead after bad crashes wintertime, all parts broken is due to normal wear and tear... (bearings, pinion gear and one drive gear)

Go for tha Savage Flux, you won't regret. Even though the Revo handles better out of the box, the Savage Flux is built for durability and can take anything you throw at it
Old 01-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea, the flux looks really strong and durable with all its metal parts and stuff. I am slightly put off the e revo due to the plastic body and gears and other parts. Still looking for a good pair of 2s lipos for flux.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

For a standard Flux on 4s Lipo best I have found is the Hard Case Turnigy Nanotech 6000mah 65-130C for around $41 ea plus post.

Easily handle 150-160 Amp spikes without a problem and pack doesn't even get warm.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

I have looked at those batteries but i dont want to have to go to the trouble of soldering deans as it comes with bullet connectors. Looking for a pair of 2s lipos with pre installed deans.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

hey guys. I went out in the afternoon and bought the savvy flux. couldn't be happier. thanks for all your help

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.