R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Losi taper pins(pink) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/58757-losi-taper-pins-pink.html)

Jay Boyd 12-30-2004 05:45 PM

Losi taper pins(pink)

Does anyone have pink Losi taper pins (7372) in stock.Please let me know.Thanks,Jay.

Nick111 12-31-2004 09:56 AM

good luck finding anyone with them. almost every indoor track uses them in the winter. My LHS ordered 150 and got 75. last month they ordered i think 200 and got 9

Jay Boyd 12-31-2004 12:00 PM

Nobody has them,they're backordered till after the CRCRC race.This is a bad thing!

Brandon Melton 12-31-2004 12:54 PM

You can count on one thing, every LHS may be out, but the guys from Cali will sure have enough in their box to go around. As a privateer I have made 4 out 5 A mains in the classes I ran at CRCRC's midwest race. I don't have any tires yet either, and it bugs me to know that I may head up there empty handed. Would not be happy about a bad finish just because I don't belong on an "A" team.

Maybe Losi will arrange something with the shop that always sets up trackside at the race.

Aaron Waldron 12-31-2004 07:08 PM

What's wrong with making sure that your own team has the best stuff before a big race?

When something is in such high demand, there is going to be a shortage..laws of economics.

L.Fairtrace 12-31-2004 07:12 PM

Well the law of economics would tell me that a company should have enough product to meet demand or they lose money. Especially in this situation.

Brandon Melton 01-01-2005 09:34 AM

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
What's wrong with making sure that your own team has the best stuff before a big race?

When something is in such high demand, there is going to be a shortage..laws of economics.

There really isn't anything "wrong" with it, I would do the same thing to make sure the team is covered. What sucks about it is a situation to where a privateer gets shorted the "chance" to shine in front of the teams because of lack of materials and not lack of ability. If there are enough tires and you chose not to purchase that's one thing, but not being as fast due to shortage is unfair.

Aaron Waldron 01-01-2005 03:59 PM

Melton - I agree..but sometimes that's just the way it goes. Same thing in stock racing with the battery wars.

Fairtrace - There's a much bigger market out there than Pink Taper Pins for one month out of the year..they can't cater to a small group of people for one race a year. They're not losing money, they're just not meeting the huge demand.

Sofast-NT 01-01-2005 06:35 PM

Red tapers might work okay,or is the track that dry.

toddzhere2 01-01-2005 11:02 PM

Losi Taper Pins (Pink)

You can find these tires at Hot Rod Hobbies in Saugus, CA

HotRodHobbies.com

661 / 255 - 2404

Ask for Jimmy Babcock

DanGriffin 01-02-2005 03:21 PM

dont even attempt red tapers. This is one of those cases where softer doesnt always mean more traction.
try the LHS that sets up at the race. I can't remember if they had any last year or not, but last I heard they said tires were on the way.

Brandon Melton 01-02-2005 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Sofast-NT
Red tapers might work okay,or is the track that dry.
The issue here is for one certain track for two weekends really. Where in NC are you? The track of concern for the tire issue spoke of earlier is in Columbus OH

YoungChazz 01-02-2005 09:37 PM

Brandon, pink tapers are used at indoor tracks all over the midwest, not just at CRCRC. We have raced at four tracks just ourselves which use them: CRCRC, Planet in Indy, Dirtburner's in Detroit, and Rector's in Albion, Ill. I believe there are others.

Dirtburner's completed a 6 week race series just a couple of weeks ago. In that 6 weeks, they sold almost 100 pair of pink tapers, buggy & truck combined. I'd hate to think of how many pink tapers were used in just three days at Planet for their Winterfest race -- I'll bet at least 50 pair were mounted & dremelled that weekend.

And, although I've never been there myself, I understand pink tapers are the tire of choice at Titus near L.A.

So, this is definitely not a market for one track or one month. It's at least nine months/year and covers all of region 5 + other tracks. Several thousand tires/year.

Jay Boyd 01-03-2005 12:10 AM

Hey Losi gang,please fire up that tire making machine !!!
The search continues....

thedoc329 01-03-2005 10:28 AM

if anyone runs at the x dome in ohio, are taper pins (pink)the ticket in gas truck? fronts too?