Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2wd Slash/Tekno

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Default 2wd Slash/Tekno

Might be the wrong place to ask this but I have a 2wd Slash and am adding Tekno shafts for the rear. I removed stockers and when I attempted to replace w/Tekno I noticed the shafts are too short; Kit # TKR1951X. Am I forgetting something? Thanks for any help!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Well, the verdict is in: After taking my Slash/new parts to my LHS it was decided the Rear Slash 2wdTekno shafts were for the Rustler and not the Slash (no matter what the label on the pkg said) so now I have to wait until their next order comes in;oh well, live and learn-. I feel sorry for the store operators since they ordered a whole bunch of them.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You know, the factory slash driveshafts look an awful lot like the factory 3906 E-maxx shafts from back in the day! When I first laid eyes on them I thought it would inevitably be my first upgrade... But they are holding up suprizingly well.. Even with the BL system I installed in it! It was cheaper for me to order the brushed Slash and go BL with it, opposed to just ordering the BL slash all together... But I must ask, why the upgrade?? Or is it just for the ____ of it??
Old 01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

to answer your ? I'm just upgrading cuz the stock shafts are wearing. I'm running the VXL racing my friends and sometimes I change it to my MM4600 & run it w/3s. I put the Tekno's in my 4x4 and have no issues whatsoever.