Duratrax DXR8-E

Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
Mind sharing some info about the anti-squat? Is this basically the same as adjusting the ride height with the grub screw? Any links or additional info would be greatly appreciated.
Ducatiti,
No, anti-squat changes the angle of the rear suspension arm. You can raise the front of the rear inner hinge pins (more anti-squat) or lower the front of the rear inner hinge pins (less anti-squat.) This only affects the car when you are on-power or braking.

This link explains it in very simple terms.
http://www.competitionx.com/rc-racin...ng-anti-squat/

There are tons of different setup guides on line. The JQ and Hudy are both simple and easy to understand. A quick Google search will get you where you need to go.

J
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Replacement parts are in stock!!

J
Old 03-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is there someone you can send an e-mail to with a picture of your broken part and get a warranty replacement sent out to you, eliminating having to mail parts in? Stress-Tech parts that is.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rufus2010 View Post
Is there someone you can send an e-mail to with a picture of your broken part and get a warranty replacement sent out to you, eliminating having to mail parts in? Stress-Tech parts that is.
I'm sure you could see the issue with that approach. Send them in. I usually put mine in an envelope w/ a stamp. Now that they have parts in stock the turn around won't be bad.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

I finally had the chance to add anti-squat to the my completely stock backup car. Again, it made a huge difference in how it jumped. I highly recommend it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if the steering knuckle has been redesigned/strengthened and is in production? There was talk of this last Fall, but has anything come of it?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried to limit the down travel on the shocks to reduce ride height? I've done this on other cars with great success. I have the white springs on it and run on pretty big track with some decent sized jumps. I figure limiting it by about 5mm would put some preload in the spings but shouldn't be too bad.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know if the steering knuckle has been redesigned/strengthened and is in production? There was talk of this last Fall, but has anything come of it?
I certainly do not know but I have boiled mine and they have been holding up well.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MunchMunch View Post
Has anyone tried to limit the down travel on the shocks to reduce ride height? I've done this on other cars with great success. I have the white springs on it and run on pretty big track with some decent sized jumps. I figure limiting it by about 5mm would put some preload in the spings but shouldn't be too bad.

Any thoughts?
I used the limiters on the arms instead of taking the shocks apart. Are you running the longer rear shocks?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Essentially, are you talking about increasing for spring rate? I have repeatedly heard that compressing whatever spring you presently have on your car doesn't increase its spring rate. I don't agree though. It seems to fly in the face of common sense. Obviously, if you hold the spring between your fingers and compress it, it takes more pressure to compress it more than to compress it less. So if your goal is to increase your spring rate a little, rather than put on the next stiffer spring, I think you should try it. I don't know how much of an effect it will have, but I do believe it will have some effect.

There are other manufacturers big bore springs that will fit on the DXR8-E shocks. I don't know which ones have spring rates in between the DXR8-E white and black, but that may be a way to go also.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I certainly do not know but I have boiled mine and they have been holding up well.
Yes. I bought an extra set a couple of months ago that I boiled and they are holdind up well. I would prefer to run the updated ones though, and use the ones I have now as backups.

It was nice when ehartman was regularly on this thread to enlighten us on some of these issues.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Essentially, are you talking about increasing for spring rate? I have repeatedly heard that compressing whatever spring you presently have on your car doesn't increase its spring rate. I don't agree though. It seems to fly in the face of common sense. Obviously, if you hold the spring between your fingers and compress it, it takes more pressure to compress it more than to compress it less. So if your goal is to increase your spring rate a little, rather than put on the next stiffer spring, I think you should try it. I don't know how much of an effect it will have, but I do believe it will have some effect.

There are other manufacturers big bore springs that will fit on the DXR8-E shocks. I don't know which ones have spring rates in between the DXR8-E white and black, but that may be a way to go also.
If you replying to me, I'm really talking about lowering the ride height of the car. My thought is that it seems to ride to high for a buggy and any lowering would be a good thing. I admit I could be wrong, I just switched to it from 4x4 Short Course, so I have not raced it yet, only driven it a little at the track.

I agree that I think it would increase the spring rate - at least I would be putting some preload on it but I don't think it would be too bad.

And I am running the stock shocks, not the long ones.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MunchMunch View Post
If you replying to me, I'm really talking about lowering the ride height of the car. My thought is that it seems to ride to high for a buggy and any lowering would be a good thing. I admit I could be wrong, I just switched to it from 4x4 Short Course, so I have not raced it yet, only driven it a little at the track.

I agree that I think it would increase the spring rate - at least I would be putting some preload on it but I don't think it would be too bad.

And I am running the stock shocks, not the long ones.
It does ride high and takes some getting use to at looking at. But it seems to do very well at that height. Use the limiters on the suspension arms and try it out. It's much easier than dis-assembling your shocks.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 7TL14 View Post
Everybody that I know which is about 6 guys that bought one all had one or two of the washers missing....
You know, I wondered about this also, so I went ahead and ordered the Satellite/Sun Gears set, part #DTXC7563, from Tower. It should arrive later this week. Well, today I decide to open up my diffs and low and behold, ALL 3 of them are missing one washer. ###!!. I am irritated. Anyways, not enough time (without extra expense) (I missed Towers daily shipping deadline), to get another set by Sat morn. I need one more.

Any ideas for a hardware store or speciality shop of some kind for a washer substitute?

Edit: I'm headed off to my LHS to see what they might have in their car and train departments.

Last edited by Rufus2010; 04-02-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Isn't the washer just a shim? Does it needs a shim on either side?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.