R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-29-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default TMaxx 2.5 Racing Truck

...I currently own two T-Maxx 2.5 trucks. Both have UE SuperMaxx suspensions. I'm looking to keep one for bashing and to convert the other to a 'racing' truck.

What changes would you start with? I'm looking to do a FOC conversion. I want to lighten the load on the truck. What else could I remove or change from this pretty much stock 2.5 truck that would make it race savy?

Thanks....
MavMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:29 AM   #2
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I have seen a good amount of race converted TMaxxes at the local tracks. They handle well, but are very expensive.

It may be cheaper to just buy a more race oriented truck than modifying your T-Maxx. The Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Monster comes to mind. That thing is insane.

Best place to get info may be the traxxas forums or try the Monster thread on RC Tech.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:33 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

MavMaxx, your race truck doesn't have to be expensive if you don't want it to be. I won the Pro-line Maxx challenge 2 years ago with an almost stock T-Maxx, the only hop ups was the Pro-line suspension kit and Bow-tie tires.

As far as hop up for your race truck, you already have the UE suspension setup, do the reverse eliminator, and a good steering servo. The stock 2.5 engine is plenty!

The nice thing about sticking to the T-Maxx as opposed to buying a Lightning Pro is you can run in the Production Class as opposed to the unlimited class which is where all the truggies run.

Hope that helps.
Rich Panganiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:16 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys...

Rich, would it be wise to change out the chassis and go with carbon fiber?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

MavMaxx, I've never seen a Carbon Fiber chassis for the T-Maxx, would be cool, but expensive I'm sure. I notice in your profile you live in Vegas. Are you racing out at Sandy Valley on Sat? I'll be in town for a week and was going to bring the Mammoth I just built with a Novarossi .28 for some track time. Let me know, and I can bring my extended wheelbase small block T-Maxx for you to look at.
Rich Panganiban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:31 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Email sent Rich.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to maxxman101

here is a link to the caron fiber chassis. CLICK it is a nice chassis to run and they arent that expensive.
maxxman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

The maxx with a just a few choice mods is very competitive. New tires are obviously a need, possibly stiffer suspension, FOC, and a better steering servo, oh and good driving! My T-maxx rocked every body last season, and its basically stock.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote