Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Duratraxx Brushless or Traxxas Slash?? >

Duratraxx Brushless or Traxxas Slash??

Duratraxx Brushless or Traxxas Slash??

Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Duratraxx Brushless or Traxxas Slash??

Ok I bought the New Duratraxx evader brushless, I havent even taken it out of the box yet. I wanted to know if this is a good fast truck, or should I go and get the Traxxas slash with was my second choice? I figured with the Duratrax brushless power I couldn't go wrong or could I?? What do you guys think??
Old 01-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Tech Rookie

You will be very happy with the Brushless Evader EXT2. It is a great truck and they have upgraded just about everything that you need to run it hard with no issues.

For the price you can't beat it.

They have hardened metal Tranny and Diff Gears, a decent brushless system, Good quality radio system, better tires than the brushed EXT2 even though they look the same, water proof electronics, full bearings etc.

Give it a chance, you'll like it.

Take Care,
Matt
Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"For the price you can't beat it. "

Isn't the Associated RC10T4.1 brushless 2.1ghz RTR the same price?

I would think the Associated would be a better choice for competitive racing but I am no expert.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Are you racing or just bashing ? Because ethier one of them are meant for racing competivetly without hop ups on them.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I own both... Both are BL.. If I had to choose between the two, I couldn't! Both are great trucks from great companies! Evader hauls @$$ btw!!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by imjonah View Post
"For the price you can't beat it. "

Isn't the Associated RC10T4.1 brushless 2.1ghz RTR the same price?

I would think the Associated would be a better choice for competitive racing but I am no expert.

OK, I agree that the RC10T4.1 is a great truck too, and prob better for racing out of the box. I have had a lot of Associated RC in the past and I loved them all. But I also really like the Duratrax EXT2.

The main reason that I like the EXT2 is because it is known as the "Underdog" and I like to upgrade it into something better.

So that is my mission on this truck, upgrade it and show people out there how to do the same if they want to.

Duratrax still gets a bad rap for some reason and I'm not really sure why.

I have owned a lot of different RC Buggies/Trucks and there are not many companies that offer a parts warranty like they do. If you break one of the many Stress Tech parts that is on the truck within the first 12 months then they will send you a replacement at no charge.

The new Brushless EXT2 comes with a lot of upgrades already so it is a better product then they have put out before in my opinion.

The Brushless EXT2 has a lot of possibilities, and I honestly believe that it can compete with the Brushless RC10T4.1 with a little tweaking.

I really think that both trucks are great for the price and most people will be happy with either one, if they can just get past the old thought that Duratrax doesn't make a good truck, because now they do.

Have a good one,
Matt
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Solid (fist-bump)....
Originally Posted by Brushless RC View Post
OK, I agree that the RC10T4.1 is a great truck too, and prob better for racing out of the box. I have had a lot of Associated RC in the past and I loved them all. But I also really like the Duratrax EXT2.

The main reason that I like the EXT2 is because it is known as the "Underdog" and I like to upgrade it into something better.

So that is my mission on this truck, upgrade it and show people out there how to do the same if they want to.

Duratrax still gets a bad rap for some reason and I'm not really sure why.

I have owned a lot of different RC Buggies/Trucks and there are not many companies that offer a parts warranty like they do. If you break one of the many Stress Tech parts that is on the truck within the first 12 months then they will send you a replacement at no charge.

The new Brushless EXT2 comes with a lot of upgrades already so it is a better product then they have put out before in my opinion.

The Brushless EXT2 has a lot of possibilities, and I honestly believe that it can compete with the Brushless RC10T4.1 with a little tweaking.

I really think that both trucks are great for the price and most people will be happy with either one, if they can just get past the old thought that Duratrax doesn't make a good truck, because now they do.

Have a good one,
Matt