Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
1/8 Scale RTR 4WD >

1/8 Scale RTR 4WD

1/8 Scale RTR 4WD

Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 1/8 Scale RTR 4WD

Ok, so I've been searching, trying to find the best RTR 1/8 scale buggy (or even truggy, just want a wide wheelbase brushless) but I can't find any current threads. So, anyone have any suggestions on what is available, and possibly what MAY be coming out in the near future? I don't want to build one or do a nitro conversion, looking for a true RTR as I want something I can run out if the box then upgrade parts as necessary.

Thanks for any opinions you have on this subject!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

HPI Vorza would be one.

I think caster racing also has a RTR brushless 1/8. Maybe even a truggy too if thats what you want.

Honestly, you probably are better off building it since whoever is putting them together is NOT going to pay as much attention to detail as you would.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

I honestly DO want a truggy, but can't find a RTR brushless that I like. Sorta like the HPI tryphy truggy flux, but you can't buy them in the US, for whatever reason. Just like to buy a RTR since I don't have that much experience with electric cars. I built my last Nitro Truggy with a Losi 8ight-T roller, and it wasn't difficult at all, and the thing is a beast, but with kids getting older, and not as much time on my hands, I am thinking of migrating over to brushless machines so I don't have to deal with all the tuning and what not. However, I will personally always love the smell and sound of a nitro!

Anwyay, thanks for the info as I do believe the Vorza is what I'm leaning towards because of its durability. I'm not going to be competitively racing these things so just something to have fun with.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Here ya go not available yet but it's coming soon. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBPVZ&P=0
Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

have you thought about a tekno conversion for your losi??? that will do all your mechanicals, just like when you built your truck the first time you could handle it. Then for ease of your first time you could add a mamba monster system as they come pre wired so it is plug and play.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Legend

was just about to post that lol.

Electric is pretty straight forward. And since its 1/8, you don't mess around with boost and all that stuff.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by bigemike
have you thought about a tekno conversion for your losi??? that will do all your mechanicals, just like when you built your truck the first time you could handle it. Then for ease of your first time you could add a mamba monster system as they come pre wired so it is plug and play.
+1
Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Misfit138
Here ya go not available yet but it's coming soon.
Don't anticipate it coming soon. It has been on their website for a while saying "order pending" and I emailed HPI but have not received a response. Read elsewhere that they weren't going to offer it in the US which sorta pisses me off!

Thanks for the link anyway!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bigemike
I haven't thought about that as I just finished the build and am just now breaking in the nitro Picco .28 that is on it, so hate to just remove it. If I was gonna build one, would rather start with a new roller, which totally changes my thought process, but oh well, I get bored easily! I'll research the information you posted here as I am clueless as to the Tekno conversion and the Mamba Monster system you refer to! Maybe I should just play with the Savage, 8ight-T, Rustler VXL, Slash, or Mini 8ight? But as you can see, no electric 1/8 scale, and I love the footprint/size of the 1/8 truggy!!!

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

http://casterracingusa.com/product.p...&cat=60&page=1

It is actually a good truck. Where are you from?

We got crushed for Christmas and now it is CNY so we will have more stuff approx Feb 5.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

THe Vorza is a really strong RTR 1/8 scale. The Mugen Eco is ARTR just add motor and electronics

I started with the Vorza then upgraded to the Mugen but I'm racing if you are just bashing the Vorza should work fine
Old 01-11-2012, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1 www.Casterracingusa.com check them out. they have a nice RTR E Truggy
Old 01-11-2012, 06:41 AM
Tech Legend

The Tekno will give you the option to use mechanical brakes which coming from nitro for your 1/8 you may like. You also have a variety of options for the pinion / clutchbell on how you want to do it. The Tekno probably is the most versatile conversion in that regards.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ------Help--- Please Read ---Thanks-----

Theres a guy who wants to trade me a brand new SC8e, I originally wanted a Nitro SC8 but considering hes going to trade me for a ARR 1987 RC10 I better go for it but still I don't see much fan fair on the SC8e. Thing is he has a new built RC8 with a .21 RB X10 and EFRA 2013 engine and a few other modds too he'll trade so maybe I should get that instead? I just want something to run, someone please advise me on this one please. Which to get?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Legend

has he run that engine? Do you trust he knows what he is doing with running the engine?

In general at least what I recall from what the nitro guys around here and others have said, they tend to avoid buying used engines (or giving them much value at all) if they don't know the person who has used it as they could be in bad shape.

As for fan fair on the SC8e, just no real class for that for racing, maybe it will change now with that new Vorza SC or whatever it called. What I have read on it is that its a good vehicle if that is your thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.