Search
Like Tree5Likes

XFactory SCX-60CF

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdyche
Flat arms alone will make a huge improvement. I personally am a fan of flat arms with the medium B4/T4/SC10 rear sway bar mounted up front. It does a great job of keeping the front end level, and if it is too locked in I will run the B4/T4/SC10 firm sway bar in the rear to get a little more rotation.
Ok that's what I was needing to know how to keep it from rolling over when I go into the corners. My friends I race with don't help me a lot all they say is slow down sooner but then they kill me in the corners because they don't have to slow down as much so I tell them thanks a lot some help that is.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

What shock oil and springs do I need to try for a medium high bite track?
Old 01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cameronspruill
What shock oil and springs do I need to try for a medium high bite track?
I attached the setup I am running on my SCX-60CF for similar conditions.
Attached Thumbnails XFactory SCX-60CF-scx60cf_xfactory_clay_starting_setup.jpg  
Old 01-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

ok cool thank you. Looks like you have black sway bar on it is that front or back or both?
Old 01-07-2015, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cameronspruill
ok cool thank you. Looks like you have black sway bar on it is that front or back or both?

Looks like he is running the black up front and the 1.2mm jconcepts in the rear. Btw there is several different ways to mount a rear sway bar. Search this thread for "rear sway bar" to find the posts people made about it.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Thanks I'll go looking for that
Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Justinb86
Looks like he is running the black up front and the 1.2mm jconcepts in the rear. Btw there is several different ways to mount a rear sway bar. Search this thread for "rear sway bar" to find the posts people made about it.
What is the easiest and most efficient way? I didn't find anything
Old 01-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

anybody?
Old 01-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Chazz posted a short while ago. Buy the rear swaybar mounts that X Factory sells. Buy the AE T4 rear swayer kit to get the end links and then bend your own bars to clear the tower. The swaybar mounts bolt to the back of the tower. The beauty of bending your own bars is that you can play with different size bars.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Ya I know that I bought all that stuff I'm just not real good at making stuff I would rather have something that fits already if its out there
Old 01-23-2015, 02:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by bdyche
I have run both CVAs and CVDs on my SCX-60CF and can't tell a real difference between the two of them. More important than the style of drive shaft is the condition. Be sure to properly lubricate the cup and barrel, and ensure that both ends of the bone and the axle are in good shape. Raising the transmission is definitely the noticeable change, but because it changes so much at a time I would definitely make that change during practice to see how it changes the feel of the truck. In my truck I really like .030" for outdoors/looser tracks and flat for medium to high bite indoor tracks.

All i can say is when i went to the CVA'S my truck all the sudden started over rotating mid corner in a couple spots. With same setup as my CVD's i was .3 to .5 slower per lap 23 sec laps. i made the switch back to CVD's that same day at the track before the main and all was well again. Unless there was something to be said about condition of lube/wear as you mention. Neither were brand new. would have though both to be same as far as condition. It felt like the rear of the truck was slightly stiffer with the CVD's.

That said i am moving to gull wing arms as i think it fits my current track better having shocks more straight up and down in the front with the gull wing arms will help me in the ripples. i FORGOT to check my droop before the tear down. looks like i will have less droop with the .2 front suspension? How many limiters to get same droop as kit setup of 5 limiters with the straight arms? Need help ASAP as i am readying for RACE DAY tomorrow..

thanks guys...

Old 01-23-2015, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Ford, everyone on the Team runs CVDs, not CVAs, and no one on the Team runs bent arms. Lots of Team drivers have tried the bent ones and every one of them has switched back. This is for the X - 60CF and the SCX -60CF. Bent arms and/or CVAs just don't seem to be fast.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Ford, everyone on the Team runs CVDs, not CVAs, and no one on the Team runs bent arms. Lots of Team drivers have tried the bent ones and every one of them has switched back. This is for the X - 60CF and the SCX -60CF. Bent arms and/or CVAs just don't seem to be fast.

I will now confirm the bent arms didnt go well for me.. i had to try.. already had the parts.. i am staying away from CVA's on both my Xfactory vehicles going forward. Thanks for the reply!

Jason
Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default scx 60cf setup?

I'm looking for a good indoor ozite carpet setup. I've been playing around with no success. It's a small track tight 6-7 foot lanes. I've tried looking up setups but there few and far between. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I haven't run on carpet - so not entirely sure - but from what I have seen from other buggy set ups on carpet, you might want to go stiff with springs like fronts up around AE Orange or Purple. For the rear White or Gray. I know on high bite clay there was a time I was running red fronts, gray rear with with front and rear sway bars. Probably also want to run low right height as well. I bet on carpet a SC really wants to roll right over.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.