Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

XFactory SCX-60CF

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I am an ordinary joe and I have run it for three races. Great truck like the other xfactory trucks. Corner speed for days and very reliable on the track. As far as assembly goes having good allen drivers is a must. The carbon fiber is very tight. The 250 is worth every penny imo. The SC10 is a great donor cuz it is not as good on the track. lol. Get one you wont be dissapointed
Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If you have any doubts just read the first post on the previous page. Anyone trying TLR 22t springs on the truck?? I like them on the buggy...Im going to give them a go on this and the x60.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad
Who is having trouble building it? There have been some battery fit issues because we couldn't plan for every battery but so far, it has built up pretty well. Droop screws? In an off road vehicle? They only do that in 8th scale. I know of no 2wd 10th scale trucks running droop screws. Why the negativity before actually seeing and driving one?
What was negative? There are a few asking questions about the build ..haven't seen much from someone who's finished it. I was just asking if anyone besides the fast team drivers were driving one. And i believe the Durango stuff has droop screws. The closest thing to negative was the mention of the price tag. I was genuinely interested in the truck .just because there's a bunch of negative people yapping their opinions on this forum don't mean I'm one of them :-)
Old 04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

all my issues have been my fault. and i consider the servo and battery my fault. i chose the huge servo and the saddles that i did.

i like the tight carbon fiber holes. i dont know where i got the habit, but i have various taps on hand, i had no major issues with screws going anywhere.

as for racing as far as i know i was one of the last two on the first live issue after "beta", chassis 31. subtract the 1-3 amain has (still in stock) i assume paul, chazz, speedy, ellis, have a few around. that doesnt leave alot for the first wave to be out there in public view yet.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

saw your post after i did mine. mine is ready, but between work, a huge birthday weekend bash, and after work commitments ive been lucky to have maybe an hour a night average to work on it. all i have been able to do is get it on the street with street tires to get gearing close.
im an average joe, im not fast and on lucky days im at the bottom of the a main, normally top to mid b main. i wish i was fast so i could do it justice.
but im an average joe who likes neat stuff, the only normal i have is the new FT 4x4 but i waited for that to have the FT, even my helis and airplanes are not ordinary run of the mill purchase from Horizon and Tower
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlanHall
I don't see anyone running one. seen pics of team guys and a few people having trouble building it.. has anyone got to race yet? Im guessing with sc10 arms that there is no droop screws?? I wish I could drive one before spending the $250 ona conversion ..
I have been running mine for a few months now, I got one of the first ones and I had no instructions to speak of and didn't have any real trouble building it. I'm not a team driver and I race it about once a week. I ran my SC10 for about 10 months before I got my CF and the CF is by far easier to drive and tune. Just spend the money and I'd you don't love it I'll buy it from you
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by omaha_racing
If you have any doubts just read the first post on the previous page. Anyone trying TLR 22t springs on the truck?? I like them on the buggy...Im going to give them a go on this and the x60.
Yes I have been using the Losi springs and really like them they work very well
Old 04-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omaha_racing
I'm running them on my truck. Very smooth.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Durango SC is a 4wd so it doesn't count .

For those that think only team drivers have them so far, I designed the darn thing and I don't have a production truck. Why? Because I want everyone else to get them first. I still am running the original side by side saddle proto and loving it. I'll build myself a production truck one of these months but it probably won't be ordinary. I never leave anything untouched. You should see my X-5.

Alan - if you are ever in the Phoenix area,let me know and I'll let you drive my truck. You'll like it.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

I just ordered one of these. My question is about a battery, I see a lot of guys running saddle packs, is there the option to run a "shorty" pack? If so, other than mAh, is there any reason people aren't running it? Or is it just because that's the battery you had from a previous x-factory car?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 128 (99%+)

I guess I'll be the guinea pig for you guys. I'm not a Ryan by any means, so I should fit your bill for the average Jo racer. I've got a track near by that I'm on quit a bit and I have pretty established lap times with an SC10, I'll for sure post back up about how the truck compares.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:37 AM
bzb
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kd2777
I just ordered one of these. My question is about a battery, I see a lot of guys running saddle packs, is there the option to run a "shorty" pack? If so, other than mAh, is there any reason people aren't running it? Or is it just because that's the battery you had from a previous x-factory car?
i tink most people don't use shorty packs because its even less weight then a normal pack, wich on its turn is already much less weight then the nimh packs.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad
The Durango SC is a 4wd so it doesn't count .

For those that think only team drivers have them so far, I designed the darn thing and I don't have a production truck. Why? Because I want everyone else to get them first. I still am running the original side by side saddle proto and loving it. I'll build myself a production truck one of these months but it probably won't be ordinary. I never leave anything untouched. You should see my X-5.

Alan - if you are ever in the Phoenix area,let me know and I'll let you drive my truck. You'll like it.
I was meaning the 2wd that is coming. I think the 2wd buggy does too.

Im not really sure why my post was taken the way it was. But not how I wanted to or meant for the conversation to go.
And also.. I didn't say there was problems with the build up. I said I don't see anyone running theirs.. only people I've seen were asking questions. Anyway. Ill probably hold up and watch the thread. Was thinking last night had I've got 3 race days on brand new pro match sticks,and can't swing new saddles just yet.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default weight

Folks:
Depending on your components, you might be under ROAR limit with a shorty.

So if you are running "teched" races that could lead to some issues.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AlanHall
I was meaning the 2wd that is coming. I think the 2wd buggy does too.

Im not really sure why my post was taken the way it was. But not how I wanted to or meant for the conversation to go.
And also.. I didn't say there was problems with the build up. I said I don't see anyone running theirs.. only people I've seen were asking questions. Anyway. Ill probably hold up and watch the thread. Was thinking last night had I've got 3 race days on brand new pro match sticks,and can't swing new saddles just yet.
I posted this a few days ago after my first impressions of the xfactory conversion, I was running this truck with a shorty lipo pack...

I have to give credit where it's due, I'm not affiliated with Xfactory in any way but was loaned a SCX from one of there local team drivers to try it out on our short course night which had 22 pro 2 entries. I have a total of about 6-8 battery packs worth of racing experience in 2wd 1/10 anything as I'm a converted nitro racer. But I was able to take the truck drop it on the track and TQ the Amain and finish first. Truck was sooooo stable and easy to drive fast, props to Xfactory for building a great truck and thanks to there local team drivers for hooking me up with a loaner truck for shortcourse night, now if I can just return the Kyosho SC-R SP that's on the way lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.