Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

S-Workz S350BE-1

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Should be shipping between March and May sometime. Taylor James should have his kit to start running this week.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

can't wait to see the real thing running on track...............
Old 02-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Strapping tape on an 8th scale?,That stuff use to come off in my tc all the time,i hope they use or suggest a better way to secure their customers batteries
Old 02-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Strapping tape on an 8th scale?,That stuff use to come off in my tc all the time,i hope they use or suggest a better way to secure their customers batteries
Strapping tape was just for the prototype at the toy fair. Kits will have Velcro battery straps.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

looks good but cog is the word of the day, Still if its a cheap kit and parts last it will be decent.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

COG will be fine. A regular 2s battery standing on its side is no taller than many of the 4s batteries used in E-buggies currently. The advantage is these are tilted inward toward the centerline of the chassis. Also, you have the option of possibly using 2s shorty packs which will allow you to centralize the weight even further.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotBodiesVe8Boy
looks good but cog is the word of the day, Still if its a cheap kit and parts last it will be decent.
This is a high quality buggy. Made in a high quality factory. I assure you it will not be cheap. Bit at the same time it will be well below Kyosho and MBX6R prices!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Captainlip
I must say it looks ugly as!!! the higher COG is a negative also!

ill stick with the serpent thankyou....tried and tested.
I like this buggy but would have to agree with your opinion.

People seem to think the narrower the better. Why? What they don't realise is narrower = high centre mass. I don't know about you guys but when I studied physics at uni we learnt that lower distributed mass gave much better handling characteristics rather than a higher one. Look at all the supercars made in the world, SUPER WIDE and SUPER LOW in terms of their weight distribution. Never seen Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche wanting to design narrower and taller cars. There is a reason for that.

Sworkz had to be different though otherwise people would be screaming COPY against the Serpent. But I do believe the battery packs flat rather than on their sides is a superior design. In the real car world it would make a tonne of difference. With RC cars? Hmmmm probably not so much because of their light weight.

Also why would anyone want the motors or battery cells to get smaller and compare to 1/10th? The reason I would want to run 1/8th is because of their size. I don't like the little ugly pesky fake looking 1/10th cars. I want big motors and 6S capacity. I think 1/8th racing should change its rules to 5S anyway. The 4S are just too slow for the type of technology available to 1/8th electric cars. A 5S would certainly be light years faster than any nitro on any track I believe. But as it stands two drivers of the same ability the nitro will be slightly quicker against a 4S on the track. I am talking lap times.

Anyway can you fit a 3S on each side of this car? If so I'm very interested in pre-ordering. I've been told with the Serpent 3S on each side is out of the question.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by John.
I like this buggy but would have to agree with your opinion.

People seem to think the narrower the better. Why? What they don't realise is narrower = high centre mass. I don't know about you guys but when I studied physics at uni we learnt that lower distributed mass gave much better handling characteristics rather than a higher one. Look at all the supercars made in the world, SUPER WIDE and SUPER LOW in terms of their weight distribution. Never seen Lambo, Ferrari or Porsche wanting to design narrower and taller cars. There is a reason for that.

Sworkz had to be different though otherwise people would be screaming COPY against the Serpent. But I do believe the battery packs flat rather than on their sides is a superior design. In the real car world it would make a tonne of difference. With RC cars? Hmmmm probably not so much because of their light weight.

Also why would anyone want the motors or battery cells to get smaller and compare to 1/10th? The reason I would want to run 1/8th is because of their size. I don't like the little ugly pesky fake looking 1/10th cars. I want big motors and 6S capacity. I think 1/8th racing should change its rules to 5S anyway. The 4S are just too slow for the type of technology available to 1/8th electric cars. A 5S would certainly be light years faster than any nitro on any track I believe. But as it stands two drivers of the same ability the nitro will be slightly quicker against a 4S on the track. I am talking lap times.

Anyway can you fit a 3S on each side of this car? If so I'm very interested in pre-ordering. I've been told with the Serpent 3S on each side is out of the question.
I agree with you, that from a common sense standpoint, batteries flat SHOULD be a better configuration. A couple pages back though, I compared a regular 2s battery on it's side next to a nitro motor and the height was barely above half that of a nitro motor. Granted, there isn't much weight above halfway on a nitro motor, but still.

The advantage of having the weight more centralized on the chassis will be the agility of the car. It should change direction much quicker and be much more balance from side to side. I think the design will prove to be good and the COG difference with the batteries on their side will be negligible.

On the 3s question, I would have to know the width dimensions of the battery tray to be sure, but I'm positive there is a 3s pack that should fit the chassis fine. Orion has a few that are nice:

http://www.teamorion.com/carbon-xx-l...wg-en-2-3.html
Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think that with the weight all the way in the middle that setups may have to use lighter oils and springs as there is less outer weight. I think overall it'll should be faster but will take some testing to understand how the setup varies.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

We should do a magazine comparison......
Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
agreed mike
Old 02-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hakmazter
It would be nice for someone to compile a complete list of available, competition ready, 1/8th electric buggies. With there being half of the magazines now as there was the same time last year, I don't see a magazine comparison doing anyone any good. A major website doing a comparison or just a thorough "1/8th Scale Electric Buyers Guide" would probably be the best bet and make it easier for some nitro guys to build an Ebuggy. I know that compared to last year at our RC Pro Series races this year have had a much smaller overall truggy turnout, and a much larger E buggy turnout. It continues to grow....
Old 02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Well, it is probably hard to believe, but I am supporting Jason and sworkz. The way I see it, is if we can keep it civil, but have a fun Ford vs Chevy rivalry, maybe we both sell a few extra cars and help everyone have fun and grow. Of course, we both should have the advantage on conversions and single pack cars. Would love an unbiased review of everyone. I do have an idea on how to make a fair comparison.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

conversions:

MP9E
MBX6 Eco
XRAY 808E
AE RC8.2Be
LOSI EIGHT 2.0

purpose built cars:

-> with one lipo:

OFNA Hyper 9E
OFNA LX2E
HOTBODIES VE8
TECRACE 01

-> with 2 lipos:

Caster Racing 1.5R
DURANGO DEX408
SWORKS S350BE1
OFNA NEXX8
RB E-ONE
SERPENT S811E
ANSMANN X8E ( =TQ SX8E)

To me two lipos setups is the future, but I would rather use 2x3S lipos with a low kv motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.