Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
MAX AMPS --> EXPENSIVE CRAP >

MAX AMPS --> EXPENSIVE CRAP

MAX AMPS --> EXPENSIVE CRAP

Old 12-31-2011, 07:06 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 604
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MAX AMPS --> EXPENSIVE CRAP

I bought 150ah, 4s 6500mah on the 8/11. used it only for 8 x, total and found the hard case had split open.
opened it and found one of the cell had swollen/ puffed.
I cant believe despite always balance charge and storing them appropriate voltage and never running below the 3.8v per cell this has happened.
I spent nearly 100 + on this so called amazing lipo this has happened.
I have written to Mr preston and await his response.

my advice is to never buy this lipo!
muaythai is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 AM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
 
midwestcajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 832
Default

Originally Posted by muaythai View Post
I bought 150ah, 4s 6500mah on the 8/11. used it only for 8 x, total and found the hard case had split open.
opened it and found one of the cell had swollen/ puffed.
I cant believe despite always balance charge and storing them appropriate voltage and never running below the 3.8v per cell this has happened.
I spent nearly 100 + on this so called amazing lipo this has happened.
I have written to Mr preston and await his response.

my advice is to never buy this lipo!
I wouldn't assume that all Max Amps are bad just because you had a bad experience with one battery. You are still under warranty so I'm sure they will take care of you. There will be a bad one in the bunch from time to time but I know quite a few people that use their products and haven't had problems.
midwestcajun is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx.
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

UM yes. We know this already. Stay far far away.
BillySnarf is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (176)
 
Brushless420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: St.Pete, FL
Posts: 2,007
Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default Maxamps

Maxamps already tucked their tail and ran from this forum along with RC Monster. Their Lipos are over priced and give misleading claims of output. I thought everyone already knew this? A few people including Jang from RC Universe have done some data logged testing of their Lipos and the results were Bottom line is Maxamps takes advantage of the newbs, novice RC enthusiasts, and the few still in denial.
Brushless420 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:26 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (9)
 
scracer68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 401
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Brushless420 View Post
Maxamps already tucked their tail and ran from this forum along with RC Monster. Their Lipos are over priced and give misleading claims of output. I thought everyone already knew this? A few people including Jang from RC Universe have done some data logged testing of their Lipos and the results were Bottom line is Maxamps takes advantage of the newbs, novice RC enthusiasts, and the few still in denial.
I knew about Maxamps but whats the deal with RC Monster?
scracer68 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 08:45 AM
  #6  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 274
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by midwestcajun View Post
I wouldn't assume that all Max Amps are bad just because you had a bad experience with one battery. You are still under warranty so I'm sure they will take care of you. There will be a bad one in the bunch from time to time but I know quite a few people that use their products and haven't had problems.
+1
if the thread starter had read thru some of the threads Team Orions batts are crap also
all lipos can go bad(puff) be it TD or Genace or others.. to my experience TD has got very good CS, they sent me a replacement when mine went bad no idea and MA tho, as mine are still going strong

no idea on why MA got all the ** when TD and Team Orion batts cost abt the same and they can go bad also?

Last edited by Grizzbob; 12-31-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: language
chiatw73 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 09:02 AM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,807
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by scracer68 View Post
I knew about Maxamps but whats the deal with RC Monster?
mostly 'advanced' users...

they were doing brushless 1/8 and lipos before novak came out with their first 1/10 system.
whitrzac is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 AM
  #8  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Burlington KY
Posts: 128
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

WOW! I must be a noob on the new Lipo stuff because I had NO idea that Max amps batteries were considered junk! Complete surprise!
DTRguy is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:08 AM
  #9  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,204
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default



Honey get my stick, that dead horse is back again..lol
racer1812 is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:30 AM
  #10  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Oh boy i know whats going to happen here 5,4,3,2,1 closed tread
tc5 man is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 AM
  #11  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default Kill THIS THREAD

MAX Amps has some of the best products available....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:22 AM
  #12  
Tech Champion
 
Pulse_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,081
Default

"some"

Faster motors make slow drivers faster looking

Slow is fast -> take slower motors :P
Pulse_ is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:25 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,466
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have my differences with jason, but I think austin is a great guy. I will say that I bought some batteries 3 and a half years ago as a team driver, and they have had the living crap run out of them and have gone way past their end of life but yet they still done unbalance a lot, and still charge and hold good power. I've just charged per their instrutions.
David Alberico is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 11:30 AM
  #14  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default Kill THIS THREAD

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
"some"

Faster motors make slow drivers faster looking

Slow is fast -> take slower motors :P



Faster drivers make slow motors look fast


Max Amps Battery's perform great and like any brand Li-po , if not cared for,

can puff daddy like any brand ...
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 01:59 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,468
Default

Will someone PLEASE tell Jang to redo his tests on lipos? I disproved him about a year ago, and it keeps coming up over and over again. There are several threads here on this topic already.

As for the OP, contact maxamps and they will take care of you, not a big deal.

I should start making videos. At least they would be accurate.
hakmazter is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.