Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Shock Problem? Please help >

Shock Problem? Please help

Shock Problem? Please help

Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Shock Problem? Please help

Hey, i don't know if this is a big deal or not but i recently broke my rear a arm and chamber link, i replaced those and now it seems that the shocks aren't working correctly...When i push down on the rear of the car it stays that way it doesn't bounce back up. Is this a problem with the shocks or something else?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is the new arm binding? Take the shock out and see if it moves freely.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Shock shaft might be bent but more likely is a bent hinge pin. Pull the shock off and see if the arm will "fall" on it's own or if it sticks.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racer1812
Shock shaft might be bent but more likely is a bent hinge pin. Pull the shock off and see if the arm will "fall" on it's own or if it sticks.
Ok, i'll go do that and let you know what happens. Dont go anywhere =]
Old 12-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

If the arm moves freely without the shock on it then you have a bent shock shaft no big deal just pick up a new one.

If the arm still does not move with the shock off then you have other issues, pull out your hing pin and see if its bent, if it is not bent then you might need to ream the hole in the arm that the hing pin goes thru (I had to on my SCTE)
Old 12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
If the arm moves freely without the shock on it then you have a bent shock shaft no big deal just pick up a new one.

If the arm still does not move with the shock off then you have other issues, pull out your hing pin and see if its bent, if it is not bent then you might need to ream the hole in the arm that the hing pin goes thru (I had to on my SCTE)
I removed the shock and the arms have to be pushed to move up and down, but that's both sides...I removed both shocks and the left and right arm have to be pushed up and down they do not move freely by themselves...What do i need to do?
Old 12-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If the pins are bent, replace. If not ream out the holes on the a arms SLIGHTLY. Too much and they will be hella sloppy.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EngageTutorials
I removed the shock and the arms have to be pushed to move up and down, but that's both sides...I removed both shocks and the left and right arm have to be pushed up and down they do not move freely by themselves...What do i need to do?
Did you replace both arms? I would take out the hing pins, they shoucl slide right out you you need needle nose to get them out theres a problem .... make sure they are not bent, if they are replace otherwise you might need to drill out the arm holes just a touch.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Wait what RC is this on? Does it have a rear sway bar if so that might be to tight if its happening on both sides.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
Wait what RC is this on? Does it have a rear sway bar if so that might be to tight if its happening on both sides.
I have a traxxas rustler... Umm yeah when i had that crash i literally had to hammer the bolt out that's holding in the rear left a arm, it was bent so if i get a new one that should solve my problem correct?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
That's what you got is a bent hing pin take it out and buy a hing pin set and you shouldn't have any more problems