Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
PLZ HELP!! New Build and Wheel Slop. >

PLZ HELP!! New Build and Wheel Slop.

PLZ HELP!! New Build and Wheel Slop.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default PLZ HELP!! New Build and Wheel Slop.

Hiya guys. I`m totaly new to rc car build and have just completed a dark impact. My problem is that all 4 wheels have alot of slop/wobble when I rock them side to side. I dismantled all the hubs and re-built it, incase I messed up somewhere , but as far as I can see I have built it ok.
Hopefully someone will stop me pulling my hair out.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I woudn't consider it abnormal to have some slop in the kit naturally as we are not exactly talking about a top level race kit. To get it out you might have to play around with some shims. A little slop isn't going to be bad though, you dont want it so tight that it binds.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the fast reply. I did tighten all the wheels up so it was binding and the slop was reduced but then the wheels wouldn`t spin. I slacken them off so that they weren`t binding and the slop is back. Im new to this hobby and will take on board what you have said. Still bugs me though. I do have some left over shims from the kit but it doesn`t mention putting any in.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by ICharger View Post
Hiya guys. I`m totaly new to rc car build and have just completed a dark impact. My problem is that all 4 wheels have alot of slop/wobble when I rock them side to side. I dismantled all the hubs and re-built it, incase I messed up somewhere , but as far as I can see I have built it ok.
Hopefully someone will stop me pulling my hair out.
Just making sure here....

In steps 11 & 21 it shows to install the inner 5x11 bearings in the hubs. In steps 36 & 37 it shows to install the outer bearings along with the drive pins and hexes. Did you install the outer bearings?