Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
car does donutes HELP! >

car does donutes HELP!

car does donutes HELP!

Old 12-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
You might want to check the differential, or the bearings. More info here.
Damn I just got RickRoll'd
Old 12-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

The rustler is MY car had it for a few years. it was my friends car i loved it when he had it. got it from him for cheap and been upgrading it. the castle electronics I got I bought for it. wanted something a bit faster so pulled them out and stuck the novak gtb 5.5T 540 combo in it. I am just fixing up the duratrax to sell to help finance my 4wd truck build.

Im running the gens ace 5000mah 40c hard case lipo's love them.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Well guys Figured out that problem 2. damn idler gear...When I had it apart before I did not notice it because it appeared fine

But when I pulled it out a few minutes ago and expected it, I found the problem

Old 12-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That wont cause it to do donuts. It just wont let power get from the motor to the wheels.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I've had the same problem with the same truck in the past couple of weeks.

First thing I found is that a 6000kv + motor is waaaaay to powerful for the truck.

The second thing I found was that the ball diff was destroyed - the holes where the balls go were non existent - just four really big holes , the other gears were fine (in my case). The thrust bearing had also collapsed.

I bought a new diff gear and a ball diff rebuild kit and the truck is now running better than it ever has! I am now using a 19t brushed modified motor with a 2S Lipo and still lifts the front wheels off the ground.

My advise would be, rebuild the diff and dial back on the power

Good luck!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aussiek2000
That wont cause it to do donuts. It just wont let power get from the motor to the wheels.
Try reading more before you post. I switched back tires and the donuts stopped. I found out it was something wrong with the back tires I was using.

But after that I started getting a grinding slipping effect. thought something was up with my diff. so took it apart and found my idler gear was like that.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave5290
I've had the same problem with the same truck in the past couple of weeks.

First thing I found is that a 6000kv + motor is waaaaay to powerful for the truck.

The second thing I found was that the ball diff was destroyed - the holes where the balls go were non existent - just four really big holes , the other gears were fine (in my case). The thrust bearing had also collapsed.

I bought a new diff gear and a ball diff rebuild kit and the truck is now running better than it ever has! I am now using a 19t brushed modified motor with a 2S Lipo and still lifts the front wheels off the ground.

My advise would be, rebuild the diff and dial back on the power

Good luck!

Yeah I figured the motor be a bit much for that truck. I might get a better diff for the truck more heavy duty I bought a steel idler gear so I know that wont strip out again. We will just have to wait and see what happends.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I tried finding a gear diff setup, but unfortunately I had no luck - if you wanted to go crazy power, that is what I would recommend

I have found that the evader is a great truck and stands up to some major punishment. I have had mine for nearly 10 years and the diff is the only thing that has really let go on it - and that was really my fault for putting a 5.5t in it for laughs.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ridinloudprod
Try reading more before you post. I switched back tires and the donuts stopped. I found out it was something wrong with the back tires I was using.

But after that I started getting a grinding slipping effect. thought something was up with my diff. so took it apart and found my idler gear was like that.
"Add to ignore list". I can see you just saved me some time trying to help you in the future.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aussiek2000
"Add to ignore list". I can see you just saved me some time trying to help you in the future.
was not trying to be mean was just saying you need to read more of the thread before you post.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dave5290
I tried finding a gear diff setup, but unfortunately I had no luck - if you wanted to go crazy power, that is what I would recommend

I have found that the evader is a great truck and stands up to some major punishment. I have had mine for nearly 10 years and the diff is the only thing that has really let go on it - and that was really my fault for putting a 5.5t in it for laughs.

Good luck and have fun!
yeah, I think im going to run it with the diff extremly tight... and see how that works out.