Wiki Posts
Search

TeamNovak Havoc Pro SC with X-Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BFoley
The early ones did. I had three.
Are you talking about the "Pros" or the "Sports"?

You could be right, but my understanding (when I bought my first Havoc SC Pro when they first came out) was that the Pro's had the X-Drive.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
FYI Jack - the Activ8 has different timing Setup than the Havoc Pro. The Havoc Pro starts at 20 degrees and go up from there. The Active8 tops out at 25 degrees and starts out at 5 I think. I assume this is tuned for 1/8 scale motors. Anyway - just FYI if you run higher than 20 degrees of timing. I think my recollection from the manual is right. It's not posted on Novaks site yet.

Edit - found the manual - the activ8 timing levels are - 10 13 16 18 20 25 30. The Havoc Pro is 20 25 30 32 35 37 42
what are the timming levels for. i just got two of these guy last year for a sct a 17.5 for 2wd and the 550 4.5 for 4wd run outside lose tracks. I have not had any problems with these all year. but im wondering what the heck im i or do i want to change the most with my setting cause i been playing with the brakes and dead band. i have no idea what im looking for with these they just dont stop like my nitro cars. i just feel like im missing something with all these setting. just dont know what it is lol nitro i got just fine been in a long time elctric just started only got like 3months in before the seasoned end and well winter happen followed by the white stuff lol.Any help would be good thanks Rob.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by pablo040
Are you talking about the "Pros" or the "Sports"?

You could be right, but my understanding (when I bought my first Havoc SC Pro when they first came out) was that the Pro's had the X-Drive.
The first SC Pros I had were non-Xdrive. The Xdrive made them much smoother. IMHO.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just had my Novak SC esc go up in smoke instantly when I connected the battery. Wasn't even turned on.
Won't be getting a novak again.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by josh9465
Just had my Novak SC esc go up in smoke instantly when I connected the battery. Wasn't even turned on.
i dont see how people make there esc go up in smokes. i got 2 novak im a total noob to elc. got one last year hooked it up per instruction love it a lot run with hicups. got a second this year so far same thing. i am not saying it your fault or anything i just dont see how it goes smokes maybe i took extra carefully doing the work i double check then double check my work. I would contact them i hear the have great cutsmer service. and ther esc seem to be so dang easy to change set up too just by counting the light that flash heck my 4 year old getting that part down at least the counts anyways. Best of luck to you
Old 05-12-2013, 02:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Connected battery and it was an instant BBQ.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Connected battery and it was an instant BBQ.
wow that is messed up.i would talk to some over there about it i like there stuff. i treid traxxas buy to the novak are so easy and seem nice and smooth for me
Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

This will happen if you had a battery with bullet plugs and you plug then in backwards.

Not to say you did that, because someone I know had one go up in smoke the instant it was switched on and the battery was plugged in correctly.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have deans plug
Old 05-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Does anybody know if the Novak upgrade brain board is still available?
http://teamnovak.com/news/article/66/3
Old 05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Does anybody know if the Novak upgrade brain board is still available?
http://teamnovak.com/news/article/66/3
I dont think so look at there upgrades in the service side I think. I believe the switched to the volcan stuff now.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Well there must be an explanation cause I had Novak ESC's for as long as I can remember from the rooster to the Havoc pro and never had issues. I had a castle ESC since everybody was raving about castle and castle claims its water resistant but I ran it thru a small rain puddle and it went up in smoke my Havoc pro didn't have any issues with any puddle situations.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M03Racer
Well there must be an explanation cause I had Novak ESC's for as long as I can remember from the rooster to the Havoc pro and never had issues. I had a castle ESC since everybody was raving about castle and castle claims its water resistant but I ran it thru a small rain puddle and it went up in smoke my Havoc pro didn't have any issues with any puddle situations.
Not to be mean but that was like way from last year. lol I never had a problem with them at all. I just lost my The 17.5. The kid kept telling me it making a funny noise. I was going not checking the whole car. Finally the esc hit the roto lock. So im like what is going on. Take the whole car apart agian and again. At the track. Then I said it not the car took out the motor and gave it look over to find the front bearing seized up. Kinda bummed I did not check it from the beginning. Just fyi for those that get it like evey minute.got a new bearing and roto on the way. The stater looks good or at lest I hope it is.