SC10 Clicking Problem >

SC10 Clicking Problem

SC10 Clicking Problem

Old 12-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SC10 Clicking Problem

Hey guys,
I have been attacking a problem with my sc10 4x4 and still avent figured it out. While im under acceleration through the turn and the start of the strait it start clicking minorly but still something that should be fixed like a diff is bad. I checked all the diffs and have no ware what so ever. I also checked the belt to make sure it wasnt skipping and also put shock limiters in to make sure the bones werent hitting the outdrives. Check all the idler gear and transmition parts too. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what i should do next?

Thank you for your time
Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The front clicker could be damaged or way to loose, I'd pull it out and inspect it. If it looks good then clean it and re-grease it. Could be a worn out dog bone, see if the out drives are notched from the bone, replace if they are really bad. The pin on the dog bone needs to move freely, a notch in the outdrive prevents that from happening and makes a clicking sound while turning if the truck leans at all. Hope this helps.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...x4-thread.html
Old 12-20-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default shim the diffs

Your diffs have a known issue in them. If you grab the out drives of the diffs you will notice alot of wiggle in yours correct? Yeah that is your issue, the float cause the sun and planetary gears to hit under load giving you that sweet clicking noise. Search the sc10 4x thread for "shims" or "diff shims" and you will get all the info on what shims to use to cure it.

Then spend the next 2 weeks reading all 800+ pages of that thread because a few guys have really put alot of work into making these truck really fast and have been very generous with sharing the info.

O&S