Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
stuck in the old days >

stuck in the old days

stuck in the old days

Old 12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default stuck in the old days

i run a brushed 19 turn birdman with a lrp quantim speed control in a ftsc10,im a pretty good driver and was wondering whats the hot set up for brushless combos out there (brand wise)you know....and whats the best 2 cell lypo out there
Old 12-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You can never go wrong with a Tekin 17.5 (<--- i prefer this because of adjustibility and smoothness) set up or Lrp 17.5 set up and you definitely can never go wrong with an awesome trinity duo/revTech motor... You will hear a lot of what is better and what is not... i only say try staying away from novak set ups because ive heard nothing good about them. A good battery... you cant go wrong with a cheap www.hobbypartz.com --> Gens Ace 40c 5k mah LiPo or you can check www.hobbyking.com for some turnigy LiPos that are great...
Just my 2 cents
Old 12-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

/\ this post is full of win. Depending on your local track you might want to check out the Tekin RS, but if you ever want to move over to a 550 check out the MMP.

The big question is what are you planning on doing with your car? Race or bash, from there check out what your rules are (lots of "stock" classes run 17.5, while if you plan on running an open/mod class you will need to motor up accordingly)
Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

i plan on running what used to be called stock in the sportsman class,i'm no newbie but i'm no expert either.i really thank you all for your input.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Help

I have run the LRP V2 set-up with the X-12 (17.5) motor for a season. I had no issues at all with it. I changed over to a Viper VTX10 ESC and a VST (17.5). I will never go back. This thing is super smooth fast and fully programable with a "pro gauge" that comes with the set-up. I just picked up a second Viper ESC, the VTX1 which I will be running with my Reedy Sonic 17.5, the difference between the 10 and 1 is the VTX 1 can run 1S batteries. I will run this set-up until I get around to picking up a 8.5 Viper motor. I run all this in two FT SC10. As for batteries, I personally run Zippy packs from hobbyking.com, they were like $28 shipped to my house for 5000/40C batteries... The pro's run the more expensive batteries and I am sure there are some benefits, but not worth it for me. Hope this helps...

Tim
Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by woosanater View Post
i run a brushed 19 turn birdman with a lrp quantim speed control in a ftsc10,im a pretty good driver and was wondering whats the hot set up for brushless combos out there (brand wise)you know....and whats the best 2 cell lypo out there
You can't go wrong with a Tekin RS speedo and a 17.5t motor, I have heard the Trinity D3's and Revtech's are pretty good! That is if your track runs 17.5t as a "stock" motor... 17.5t would be good to learn on as it is slower and teaches you to learn to drive smooth and not rely on more motor to make you look good.

As far as 2S lipos, Protek batteries are really good (amain "house" brand), Gens Ace packs are good, and the Turnigy Nanotech batteries are really nice and at a GREAT price.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved

http://www.hobbypartz.com/gensace50c.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html