Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2012 Electric Off-Road “Supernationals”

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If the class becomes a regional class then by ROAR rules that class should no longer be considered for national championship status. E8th has never had more than 100 entries, it's not a national class.

ROAR Nats host venues should be rotated based on the bids. It's unfortunate that there were only a few regions represented by bids for this event. It's unfortunate for the rest of the country that R12 will have hosted 3 of the last 5 Electric Off Road Nationals. If other regions want the Nats in there region then those regions need to have their tracks step up and bid the race.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
If the class becomes a regional class then by ROAR rules that class should no longer be considered for national championship status. E8th has never had more than 100 entries, it's not a national class.

ROAR Nats host venues should be rotated based on the bids. It's unfortunate that there were only a few regions represented by bids for this event. It's unfortunate for the rest of the country that R12 will have hosted 3 of the last 5 Electric Off Road Nationals. If other regions want the Nats in there region then those regions need to have their tracks step up and bid the race.
That's a good point, 1/8 electric is probably too new to be holding national events. I guess the question becomes how/when do you make the determination that a class is large enough for a national event? 1/10 stadium trucks have become almost extinct in our region but they continue to have national championships.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hopsing
^^^^^^
Sorry I am late to the conversation. I am a qualified east coast track and I bid on the 1/8th electric nats and was denied.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

The 1/8th electric nats would have sold out on the east coast.
Who else besides me bid on the race? From what I understand the Tiltyard is the only track that bid on the 1/8th electric nats. Why were we not given the chance to host this race with no one else bidding. My bid even proposed that if the race was too small for a race management team then I would run it myself. I was never ask a question about me hosting. I only recieved an email stating that I wanted to tell you this before you saw it posted on the site. ROAR needs a complete shake up. it's broken and needs fixed in a bad way.

Who would have come to the 1/8th electric nats at the Tiltyard if given a chance?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

I will also add that after the announcement of the Super nationals I was banned for the ROAR facebook site and all my commnets were removed. Is this the way to treat your tracks I say not. I made a post on the ROAR forum, better read it while you can before it's gone.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman

Who would have come to the 1/8th electric nats at the Tiltyard if given a chance?
Jason would have attended. He only races Electric, as many new drivers only do. My opinion is the next generation of drivers will NOT include nitro in their program unless required by their sponsor at some point.

Keith.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I will also add that after the announcement of the Super nationals I was banned for the ROAR facebook site and all my commnets were removed. Is this the way to treat your tracks I say not. I made a post on the ROAR forum, better read it while you can before it's gone.
Besides you held the 1/10 nats in 03 correct?? I dont see y they would ban ur posts or basically from what i can see ignore your bids
Old 12-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Rob we did host the ROAR mod nats in 2003. It was the last electic race for some of the greats. Everyone was here. If you look at the results on the ROAR site you will see it was one of the biggest electric nats in recents years.
I took a break duriing the Dawn years and decided to give it a go ago when they got new people in. I see not much has changed. I'm not sure why they took me off the faceplant site but they did. I guess asking about my bid was too much to handle. The 1/8th electric nats on the east coast would have thrived.

With all that said. I would like to congratulate the host track and wish them all the success in the world.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just getting back into racing, bought a RC8.2e. I would have been there.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Legend

Homer has been though the ROAR meat grinder two or three times, he's nice & tender now ....

I figure $600 in hotel costs at the least , won't take the time to add the race fees , tires , transportation ...

Talk about buying a championship trophy , heck its way
expensive now .
Old 12-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've participated in a some ROAR off road national events the past few years. Sadly I would never be able to attend a schedule like this.

I understand what they are trying to do and it's worth giving it a shot I suppose but I think this hurts the average racer more than it helps.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Homer has been though the ROAR meat grinder two or three times, he's nice & tender now ....

I figure $600 in hotel costs at the least , won't take the time to add the race fees , tires , transportation ...

Talk about buying a championship trophy , heck its way
expensive now .
For us it will be between $3000.00-$5000.00, at least that is what I am budgeting. 11 days, Hotel, airfare, food, shipping equipment, rental car not to mention parts and tires for the event. I do not see how it could be much less for anyone who has to fly in.

Keith.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Who else besides me bid on the race? From what I understand the Tiltyard is the only track that bid on the 1/8th electric nats. Why were we not given the chance to host this race with no one else bidding. My bid even proposed that if the race was too small for a race management team then I would run it myself. I was never ask a question about me hosting. I only recieved an email stating that I wanted to tell you this before you saw it posted on the site. ROAR needs a complete shake up. it's broken and needs fixed in a bad way.

If there is enough demand to sellout a 1/8 Electric Nats why not host your own 1/8 electric event? Call it a 1/8 Electric World Cup.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Legend

Go show Rick U can do it Homer !

Bet $10,000 bucks your E race will enjoy more success & attendance ...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have to ask how many people participating in this thread are ROAR members? I do not believe RC Tech is the place that you can get your message to the appropriate attention. We need to be directing this information to your ROAR Region representative or over on the ROAR website forums. Regions and their director information can be obtained from http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=83. I have started a thread over there and right now there have only been four responses which tells me most of the input on here are non-ROAR members. The website is http://roarracing.org/4rmb/. Homer has started the discussion over there also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.