R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   What should i buy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/57780-what-should-i-buy.html)

apples6_t_9 12-18-2004 07:31 AM

What should i buy

Im looking at buying a new 1/10th stadium truck but unsure what to buy, atm sorta tossing up between t4 and evader pro leaning toward the t4 though, especially since my lil bro and old man both have standard evaders and ive found them absolute dogs to handle.
the only negatives ive heard about the t4 is that they have a metal motor guard and this seems to heat up the motor quite a bit on one of the cars down at the local track and the same bloke reckons that the diff and other parts are harder to get to than the t3, or do you guys have any other suggestions. im also looking at buying from the US coz aussie hobby shops are a ripoff, any ideas apart from tower hobbies.

cheers

P.S. has anyone had problems with rear shocks on the evaders where they dont bounce back up, changed from original oil which was good to 30wt when it started and doing the same thing with 45wt aswell, have changed the springs aswell and its not that.:confused:
Also all the arms and everything are straight aswell coz we changed them, so now to get the rebound have made them as stiff as they go but cant adjust the car anymore now:mad:

racen 77 12-18-2004 07:58 AM

Go with the T4. You'll be glad you did every time your lapping your dad and brother with it.:cool:
Try ultimatehobbies.com They have the FT T4 for 199.95

Mr. Shookie 12-18-2004 10:27 AM

Re: What should i buy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by apples6_t_9
has anyone had problems with rear shocks on the evaders where they dont bounce back up, changed from original oil which was good to 30wt when it started and doing the same thing with 45wt aswell, have changed the springs aswell and its not that.:confused:QUOTE]

Your shock shafts are more than likely bent to some extent.
hope this helps,
Stephen <><
Oh ya the T4 uses metel because it disapaits heat better than plastic. JSYK (just so you know)

Sofast-NT 12-18-2004 06:48 PM

Team Losi MF2

apples6_t_9 12-19-2004 02:51 AM

i havent seen too much of the losi's so can anyone tell me what the mf2's are like
ive seen their buggys and they seem pretty good but no one at the local track runs a losi truck, its mainly evaders for the beginers and t3/t4 for the more experienced drivers
cheers

Sofast-NT 12-19-2004 11:36 AM

Ask aaron waldron.www.teamlosi.com

Aaron Waldron 12-19-2004 09:31 PM

The T4 and MF2 battle back and forth for the best stadium truck racer on the market..sometimes one wins, sometimes the other.

Go for the kit your LHS stocks parts for and which you will have more support with. I am always available for help with any of Team Losi's products.