Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
hands down
ogio 9800
the only rc bag you ever need
That is an awesome bag. I use that plus the newest version of the ProTek hauler bag. I picked the ProTek up after talking to the owner of Amain/ProTek and learning that he had the first version re-designed to be more sturdy. It's held up extremely well and the drawers don't sag.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
How about this?

Stanley Fat Max
I have used one of those (for sale locally, BTW) and they are really great, especially for outdoor pitting. For tighter indoor pitting, it is too tall to fit under a table, and it takes up a lot of footprint as you slide the unit open. For indoor pitting, I went to a meium sized Bucket Boss bag that has all my tools standing up in the pouches, ready to be used instantly, and I have the largest Bucket Boss bag I put on the floor under the bench for holding spare tires, oils, spare parts, springs, and the vehicle sitting on top of all that.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys. Just placed an order for the ProTek 1/8 hauler bag. Free shipping and a free t-shirt!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have to agree with the Ogio 9800 Sled

http://www.tresrey-usa.com/ogio-9800-gear-bag/

* SLED (Structural Load Equalizing Deck) System for increased durability and handling in the harshest of conditions
* Wide mouth LID opening for easy access to all gear compartments
* Large main compartment with adjustable dividers and padded helmet chamber
* Several multi-use LID compartments for apparel and smaller gear
* iFOM (integrated foam) construction throughout for added gear protection.
* Heavy duty oversized wheels with extra clearance
* Secure hold compression strap system
* Telescoping pull handle
o Dimensions: 34" H x 16.5" W x 15.25" D
o Weight: 14.2 Lbs.
o Capacity: 7500 Cubic Inches

The bag most used by the Pro's!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://reviews.truevalue.com/9048/20...ws/reviews.htm

Bags are a waste they fall apart.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

According to the review they hold up much better than that tote?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
According to the review they hold up much better than that tote?
You believe everything you read on the internet ?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

No because I know bags don't fall apart
Old 12-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoese37
had one of the trinity bags and wasn't good. Couldn't support its own weight, zippers went to hell and the plunger peice broke inside so I had to jurry rig a setup to get it to work. Only thing good I can say about it was that I could fit all my stuff in it, but, it couldn't fit in my trunk ( Chrysler 300)

had a buddy go racing one time together and he had an ofna bag. Looked good, felt good, and even had a radio bag. The kicker for me though was that I could put it into my trunk.

Bought one and have been quite happy with it. Its NOT as big as the trinity or other clone ones, but its much better quality. Even used that radio bag as my charger and power supply carrier since I already have one.

I think the only thing I would have like to see them do was make it wider.

Also as a tip, I moved the smaller boxes down to the ground as if you do Like i do and put say your oils, etc in them, when you go to get towards the back you may take the box out too far and down they go.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
had one of the trinity bags and wasn't good. Couldn't support its own weight, zippers went to hell and the plunger peice broke inside so I had to jurry rig a setup to get it to work. Only thing good I can say about it was that I could fit all my stuff in it, but, it couldn't fit in my trunk ( Chrysler 300)

had a buddy go racing one time together and he had an ofna bag. Looked good, felt good, and even had a radio bag. The kicker for me though was that I could put it into my trunk.

Bought one and have been quite happy with it. Its NOT as big as the trinity or other clone ones, but its much better quality. Even used that radio bag as my charger and power supply carrier since I already have one.

I think the only thing I would have like to see them do was make it wider.

Also as a tip, I moved the smaller boxes down to the ground as if you do Like i do and put say your oils, etc in them, when you go to get towards the back you may take the box out too far and down they go.
was it the t8 or t10 that fell apart?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

The older trinity ones the only issue I've had was the zippers. But the new bags are using a much better zipper. If you get a chance to look at the short course bag the zippers are diesel.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spork01
The older trinity ones the only issue I've had was the zippers. But the new bags are using a much better zipper. If you get a chance to look at the short course bag the zippers are diesel.
do they use them on the t10? Reason I am asking is I am between the ofna or the trinity t10
Old 12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mugen bag is where its at, ive had mine since 2006 and they are still like brand new !
Old 12-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
That is an awesome bag. I use that plus the newest version of the ProTek hauler bag. I picked the ProTek up after talking to the owner of Amain/ProTek and learning that he had the first version re-designed to be more sturdy. It's held up extremely well and the drawers don't sag.
Which bag do you like better? I am looking at the Ogio 9800 and the updated Protek hauler. I would prefer a bag that has a place for everything, lasts a long time, and easy to lug in and out of the car. Thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Which bag do you like better? I am looking at the Ogio 9800 and the updated Protek hauler. I would prefer a bag that has a place for everything, lasts a long time, and easy to lug in and out of the car. Thanks in advance
The ProTek is my primary bag. It's really high, has a ton of space, and several compartments to keep me organized. I especially like the tool compartment on the top.

The Ogio is huge but it's really just two big compartments so it's harder to keep things organized. And it's too big to easily get in and out of while at your pit space. But it's very sturdy and makes for a perfect second bag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.