Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do i need BEC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default do i need BEC?

ok i got my 22 losi done im installing electronics got the motor solder and working to put the rest on tomorrow..

i got a new Savox SC-1258TG Standard Digital "High Speed"/Spektrum SR300 3 Channel DSM Sport Surface Receiver/Viper VTX10 combo..

i wanted to test out the Savox servo so i unplug the servo on my TT that has a MMP/SR300 that came with my DX2 now i use a DX3R i give it throttle and works but when i move the servo it wont sometimes it moves and glitches..do i need a BEC? what one? new to this whole electric thing not sure if its the MMP that cant power it up..i have not soldered my viper VTX10 esc yet not sure if that will put power to the Savox servo..is there a certain BEC with Volt i need to get or pretty much all same thing..?

thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i use a spektrum capacitor on my rigs. Looks just like this.

fixed my glitch issues. a BEC is better, but these work and are a fair bit cheaper. i think i paid $10 for mine.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by ohhhwee
ok i got my 22 losi done im installing electronics got the motor solder and working to put the rest on tomorrow..

i got a new Savox SC-1258TG Standard Digital "High Speed"/Spektrum SR300 3 Channel DSM Sport Surface Receiver/Viper VTX10 combo..

i wanted to test out the Savox servo so i unplug the servo on my TT that has a MMP/SR300 that came with my DX2 now i use a DX3R i give it throttle and works but when i move the servo it wont sometimes it moves and glitches..do i need a BEC? what one? new to this whole electric thing not sure if its the MMP that cant power it up..i have not soldered my viper VTX10 esc yet not sure if that will put power to the Savox servo..is there a certain BEC with Volt i need to get or pretty much all same thing..?

thanks
Per viper, Using their ESC you will not need a BEC or glitch buster added to the system. I made sure to ask them this question when I called them. I am ordering a few of there systems

Your MMP will need a Glitch buster if using a Savox servo. I know this cause I have to with mine
Old 12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Monteman
i use a spektrum capacitor on my rigs. Looks just like this.

fixed my glitch issues. a BEC is better, but these work and are a fair bit cheaper. i think i paid $10 for mine.
thanks ill check that out for my MMP..wheres it plug ?AUX/BATT? dont matter?

Originally Posted by brent701
Per viper, Using their ESC you will not need a BEC or glitch buster added to the system. I made sure to ask them this question when I called them. I am ordering a few of there systems

Your MMP will need a Glitch buster if using a Savox servo. I know this cause I have to with mine
great thanks for the info..ill see when i get my viper esc solder together tomorrow i just want to see how fast the servo works just couldnt wait to get this up and running.. yeah viper is sure is nice
Old 12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

just need an open slot on the Rx.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

just need an open slot on the Rx.
awsome thanks..i think i got all my answers already..

thanks guys calling it a night...
Old 12-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For some reason, we sell quite afew of these capacitors made from Much More and Spectrum at our hobbyshop (NorCal Hobbies). And usually they are for customers that are having issues with Savox servos.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

mi Hitec was glitching out huge, now what i wasnt able to confirm was if it was because i was pushing the rig with 5s and that voltage was too much. i'll find out before to long as now i have my 4s lipos.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It all depends on your ESC.

The 1258 takes a lot of power and many people experience glitches. Just google and you'll find my discussions.

I have two 1258 and found they don't work with any Castle ESC and also not with Tekin RSpro. They do work just fine with my Vortex ESC.

So I use one in combination with Vortex ESC without BEC and one with my Mamba Monster with a BEC. See my signature.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

im looking at an Orion Vortex for my gtp2e. how is your experience with them?
Old 12-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

im looking at an Orion Vortex for my gtp2e. how is your experience with them?
The motor or esc? I saw how the esc is built i dont like it.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Both. looking for a combo for the gtp2e. im not a racer. dont need the best of the best but dont really feel like going ezrun