Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion >

nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion

nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion

Old 11-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion

I converted my driftstar to a brushless off road beast (i think...)
it started out as just a drift car, im like oh this will be cheap fun, well little did i know they arn't all that much fun. plus i found a local indoor truck 10 miles away. so i started by trying to find some wheels and tires to go off road. i went with nitrorcx 1/10 scale buggy front tires, i have them front and rear. i also installed a 35a exrun brushless esc and a tacon 3650 3930kv brushless motor. now i still haven't tested this on the track or at all for that fact, do to i cant find my battery, but i will as soon as i find them. brother has the same setup but with a lipo and a 25a esc he hit 40mph gps with his rustler. check out the pics
Attached Thumbnails nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion-2.jpg   nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion-3.jpg   nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion-4.jpg   nitrorcx driftstar to off road car conversion-5.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

well try the brushless set up with a 2s lipo, dang!!! its so fast
Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

well i broke it already lol, jumped it up the ditch on the side of the driveway and it landed the flip and broke the rear shock mount
Old 12-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

found out the correct grub screw size for the center dogbone. its 4m x 5m at .70 pitch, found them at ace for 0.53 cents. yes its gona be fun to drive again
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

so what did you do aside from change the wheels and tires...i don't know that it will handle well because you wont get as much suspension travel like normal offroad cars. it also might break easier since it was not designed to be offroad either.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jirish617
so what did you do aside from change the wheels and tires...i don't know that it will handle well because you wont get as much suspension travel like normal offroad cars. it also might break easier since it was not designed to be offroad either.
put spring spacers in, also a brushless conversion. i hit 37mph on gps today. on a 7.66v charge, then i lost it in a puddle im scared to try it again but when it was in the water the fan was still spinning so idk i think it might be fine. my phone with i used as the gps was tape up under the body. phone is fine tho. the car seems really tough only broke the one body mount ill have to make some then for that.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Initiate

got a sidewinder sct red, to replace my blown 35a ezrun seems to have alot more power now, hitting the track monday, maybe a video of it going