Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What 4x4 SCT ? Advice >

What 4x4 SCT ? Advice

What 4x4 SCT ? Advice

Old 11-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.exotekracing.com/sc10-4x4-lcg-alloy-chassis/
I am not sure if anybody has seen this or really have ran it, but since people have been asking for an aluminum chassis for the sc10 4x4 here it is, it looks good...
Old 11-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I drive a Jammin (Ofna) SCRT10, and love it. The only real issue I have had was the steering ball cups were popping off. I adjusted the steering end points, and have not had an issue since. I have given this truck way more tumbles and bad landings then it deserves, but it just keeps on going. Very durable.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Oh thats good ! i whould want to run it outdoors also on a rough track why isnt the nexxt good on a rough outdoor track? Cant it be set up for it ?
it is good it just sits really low and on a big blown out track you have to watch where you are going a little more. I raced it on the big track where I live and did plenty fine with it except for the fact on the back side of the track I could not see it very well. Looks like a blurry spec to me from over 100 feet away LOL. With it being low you want to go over ruts more squarely it also handles moguls better than you would think just have to know where to power up and down.
The nexx10 chassis is also hardened and even though it sits really low the chassis looks better than most losi's that ran in have as many races even though the losi sits higher...most of the losi's at our track had a scraped up silver underside where they used to be black
Old 11-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mugenlife View Post
it is good it just sits really low and on a big blown out track you have to watch where you are going a little more. I raced it on the big track where I live and did plenty fine with it except for the fact on the back side of the track I could not see it very well. Looks like a blurry spec to me from over 100 feet away LOL. With it being low you want to go over ruts more squarely it also handles moguls better than you would think just have to know where to power up and down.
The nexx10 chassis is also hardened and even though it sits really low the chassis looks better than most losi's that ran in have as many races even though the losi sits higher...most of the losi's at our track had a scraped up silver underside where they used to be black

Oh ok i see what your saying well i do like the ofna hyper 10 sc its only a little more and from listening to reviews on youtube its pretty good for rough outdoor tracks.

The thing i dont like though is the rx being exposed im wondering if companys make them plastic cases you slip your rx in like back in the day ?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Just get the losi or associated!!!! Anything else ur gonna be totally out classed!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx View Post
Just get the losi or associated!!!! Anything else ur gonna be totally out classed!!!

Come on now its the driver not the truck

Ive own associated and losi its time to try a diffrent manf.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rickybobbyxxx View Post
If that were true as a driver I would have totally outclassed the field at a lot of races which I assure you is not the case............
Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

The Nexx 10SC is pretty much $$ out of the box. Throw Bradley's setup on it and I suggest aluminum wheel hubs as the only upgrade thats truly needed.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:49 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how do you guys compare them now , i have a scrt10 seems great to me ive looked at losi alot since im getting into racing its not really far off from a scrt10 both low lcg and with everything chassis mounted and the battery layed down the losi is just a little mote off center i have aluminum front knuckles and c hubs then im putting on cf front and rear tall shock towers next is big bores all around , the front is heavy feeling and the front shock are really short but it feels solid the only problems i had were front bumper and the lower a arms snap if u tighten a screw to hard even so they need a boil
Old 09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

My truck is bomb proof and I am end in top 3 quite often. Super fast, turns on a dime and the build is top notch quality. Parts are abundant. Gotta go factory team tho... Otherwise you just upgrade for twice the money anyway.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

I own both a full decked out losi scte and a fully decked out nexx10 with lw chassis and on a smooth small tight track I would take the nexx10 9 times out of 10. On a rough course with lots of odd jumps or blown out 1/8 track the scte is the way to go. both trucks are durable as long as u replace the pillow ball uprights after they pop out more than twice or 2 times a year which ever comes first easy and cheap. I have 600 easy in the scte and 350 in the nexx. Both are good trucks
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

SC104x4 is an awsome truck to drive if you know anything about setup.If your looking for the easiest to setup then go losi.I love driving my sc10 but it is a little more time consuming to wrench on.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Come on now its the driver not the truck

Ive own associated and losi its time to try a diffrent manf.
If you want to be different get a Mugen eco and convert it to SCT. Its different and its awsome and its now roar legal. I raced the AE for six months and the SCTE for about eight months. I raced the Mugen SCT last week for the first time and crushed my old times. It gets kinda pricey but not to bad when you consider all the money you will spend upgrading the SCTE. If you don't want to go that route I would say the SCTE hands down.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The SCTE can jump canyons and drive through walls. It's as close to bulletproof as a Short Course truck can get. It will likely destroy itself before anything else can harm it. It's fast and easy to drive.

The SC10 4X4 will launch out of the corners straight and can "flat track" around tight corners with full control. It is a nightmare to work on, but fortunately you don't have to often. Don't be afraid of belt drive...(think Harley Davidson). I actually prefer to drive the SC10.

To be competetive, I had to put the Tekin RX8/Pro 4 combo in the SCTE. This setup drains a 90C battery in short order. The SC10 is running a Novak Havoc Pro SC/Ballistic 4.5 combo and runs just fine on cheaper 45C batteries.

Track layout and size can also help determine your choice (between these two anyway). The shaft driven, slightly heavier SCTE would probably do better on a tight, twisty track. The belt driven, slightly lighter SC10 would probably do better on a more open, flowing track.

These are all simply my opinions and experiences. I only offer them for your consideration