Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Antenna Wire Repair-Airtronics

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Default Antenna Wire Repair-Airtronics

Anyone able to help a newb? I been a voyuer, reading posts for a few weeks. Now I registered so I can post a question.
I had a runaway yesterday(yeah yeah, I know..get a failsafe). In addition to a bunch of busted up chassis parts, my receiver broke loose and the antenna wire was snatched off the board. A friend of mine told me you can solder new leads on these things.
Anyone able to tell me if this is true? And does anyone got a pic of the inside of a Airtronics FM receiver? I have a 92836 model receiver. The wire broke off the board, and I can't see where the wire used to attach.

Thanks.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If I ever get the antenna wire cut...like a piece falls off the end, I open the reciever box, pull out the board and re-solder a new (correct length) wire to where the old wire was. Just solder a new wire directly onto the board where the existing one is. This is also a good time to clean out your reciever box and chip....compressed air does good.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Suspended

Good point about the receiver box, but I screwed up and put this post in the off-road forum. I have a touring car and the reciever is just servo taped to the top plate of the chassis, no box.
My problem is the wire snapped off at the very end, where it soldered at the board. There is no stub sticking out, which is why I need a pic.
Thanks for the response though!