R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 12-04-2004, 09:03 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Jammin' Pipes Any Good?? Which one to get?

Hey I just was looking for people's opinion on the Jammin' Pipes, either the JP1 or JP2. They are reasonably priced, but are they just as good as the expensive brands? Which Jammin' pipe seems to be best suited in 1/8th buggy? THANKS
JCathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #2
Tech Elite

The two different models are tuned for different powerbands, and the pipe is SUPER tough (no more dents or crushed stingers!)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the JP-1 is the bottom end pipe, and the JP-2 is more mid-range and top end. I'm running the JP-1 pipe on my Sirio and it screams!
Old 12-04-2004, 10:37 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks a bunch! I was really leaning toward the JP1 since it makes bottom end, which would seem like the best choice for the tracks here in the Northwest. With the prices of the Jammin' Pipes, a guy could get both the JP1 and JP2 for the price of just one of the other brands. It's nice to hear response from someone who uses them regularly.
JCathey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Yea, the JP-1 is low to mid pipe and the JP-2 is a High to mid pipe. The hard coated pipes are even better than the natural/polished aluminum JP pipes.
Rcinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 06:30 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Default Re: Jammin' Pipes Any Good?? Which one to get?

Quote:
Originally posted by JCathey
Hey I just was looking for people's opinion on the Jammin' Pipes, either the JP1 or JP2. They are reasonably priced, but are they just as good as the expensive brands? Which Jammin' pipe seems to be best suited in 1/8th buggy? THANKS
It depends on the engine you're running. I run both the RB WS7II and the RB C5 but the Jammin JP1 doesn't work well on either on a short track where lots of bottom is required to "squirt" from one corner to another. The Jammin JP1 tends to bog for the 1st 5-10ft. which on a short track is death! Instead, I use the Ofna 063 with different headers for each engine. The RB web site recommends the long RB header for the WS7II and the short header (same as included with the Ofna 063) for the C5. Those combinations have turned both engines into monster bottom end engines with really good mid-range! I run White Lightning 30% in both engines. The C5 can run it in stock configuration while the WSII requires a .1mm shim added to the head. I'm able to easily pull the OS .21 Vspec on a short straight with this combination with either RB engine.
slrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:16 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i run a jp-1 on my RB S7 2 and its great i highly recommend those pipes