Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Are TEKNO Cars made in America?
Old 05-18-2017, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Back onto the thread, how many of you would pay a premium for a kit made in the USA anymore? US workers have bigger overheads than the Chinese/Taiwanese workers-someone has to pay for that.
Built 2 trucks from the ground up from Chuckworks chassis and all aftermarket parts. Both have more domestic content than anything rolling out of Detroit these days. And my son just bought an X-Factory truck. Made right here in the Buckeye state
Old 05-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Didn't say it was doable, but rack up that cost made from all aftermarket-would anyone pay that much for a kit?
Old 05-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Didn't say it was doable, but rack up that cost made from all aftermarket-would anyone pay that much for a kit?
If I ever do add that all up, I better hide the scratch paper from my wife lol
oldernoob likes this.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

EU has high incomes, taxes etc. (taxes way higher than US), you have the schumacher, xray, serpent cars from there. those cars are pricey but so are the kyosho, HB, and tamiya cars made in japan. maybe some of those companies source parts from china, but looking at the prices of parts i would think that is minimal. imo, more made in the US is possible but would drivers be willing to pay $7-11 per A-arm or $13 pair vs $9 for a pair now? currently the answer is yes and no
Old 05-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AZ_Ron
This is my main problem with things I guess... The FT RC10B4 is essentially the same price as the ones that have come before it. Price point on the FT cars seems to be pretty steady. Now that the cars are made in China for a HUGE saving to Associated, why isn't at least some of that savings passed on to the public?? Paying $250 for a 2wd Chinese car seems a little crazy to me.

R
The newer plastic blends are twice as durable as any of the stuff that was out 10 years ago. So If you buy a B6 or even a B5M lite, you get a buggy that not only handles worlds better than the old stuff, but you might be able to race a full season with a B6 on the original suspension arms. Shock X-rings rarely leak now and the gear diffs can put down more power than ever before. Skip the B4 all together, it's just a cheap RTR at this point. The B6 has a few aluminium parts that would have been junk plastic a few years ago.
Just wait until you find out many of us race on carpet and turf,
oldernoob likes this.