race pace b4.1>rb5>>>>>>> dex210
fit and finish rb5>>>>>>>dex210>b4.1

So the rango is a mid pack car at best.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123 View Post
minor changes?? sorry??

the fastest guy at you track tried it for a whole season.
he tried :
lots of extra weight
drilled extra holes in the armes for extra mounting options shocks
flipped the rear armes left/right
he tried everything.

then he bought a b4 and he was faster on the low grip track with his b4 then with his tlr 22

face it. the 22 suffer on low grip tracks. I have seen it myself and have seen it with others
Dare I say coming from the aspect of having run every car mentioned in this thread, B4.1, RB5 WC, 22, DEX210, I would rate them in this order:

1. B4.1 easy to setup and works almost anywhere with basically the same setup.
2. RB5 Sp2-WC with Sp2 front end: very close to the B4.1 but with better plastics, but still just not as easy to set up.
3. DEX210 Had to tune for a long time before I had it near where I wanted it, but a lack of parts at the time, and having to buy extremely expensive Tresrey parts later to find out I never really needed then soured me to the car, plus it was butt ass heavy in the rear which was bad for stock.
4. 22 pile of junk from start to finish. Even after running Dustin Evans setup, and spending another $100.00 in update parts to make the car decent, it still pushed like every other Losi I have owned, and never quite felt comfortable. Even had a lot of team drivers (Casper, Dustin, Frank help me out with setup) Still no good.

AE may have the worst fit and finish of any company out there, but the car just works, switching from the RB5 to the B4.1 basically stock with cavs setup on it dropped my laptimes down a full 3 seconds (mainly due to being able to fit a 35 tooth pinion on with a 72 tooth spur gear) other then that the Kyosho would have been the better car. With that said the RTR version of the DEX210 with the composite chassis may be one of the best cars available. Need to get my hands on one to try and decide. Not ruling out Schumacher's new ride either, but parts.... Not going through that again like I did with the Durango. In all actuality the best 2 wheel drive car I have ever driven was my friends B4.1 with Kyosho Big Bore shocks on it nicknamed the B4.1 SST (superior shock technology), not only does his car have the right amount of grip everywhere, the only thing he changes were shocks. Not running Hex kit yet, no wider offset rims, the car is a beast and is perfect in 7.5 mod class. Your milage may very from my opinions, But they are my own, and I stick to them.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by F1Yankee View Post
M3Armand, where do you race?
RC Excitement
Old 09-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Having spent the last two months swapping from a B4.1 to a 22 to a RB5 WC to a Dex 210, I'll have to say I am fastest and most consistent with the B4.1 and am swapping back into that for racing tonight. Some people just work better with certain cars, setup aside. People are fast at my track with all of the cars, but even with other racers with multiple cars they are always fastest with one over another. Best plan of action is to go to the track and see if a racer will let you run a few laps, I know this is not always easy to do.... Have someone get lap times, don't always rely on feel. I thought I was fastest with the rango, turns out on the clock I am slowest. But first and second in the A last week were both running the 210.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think 2wd buggy is the only class i won't try anything other then a b4. no need to.
i don't care how "sloppy" it may seem, it's the most consistant car i have ever owned, dead reliable and neutral enough to work on most tracks with very little change in setup. i just love the b4, once a b5 becomes available i'll try it, but i'm not getting rid of my b4...just in case.
not to mention my b4 is a first gen factory team, old shocks and all, i just keep her as fresh as i can. great car.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
RC Excitement
lol i'll see you thursdays