When did brushless first come out? >

When did brushless first come out?

When did brushless first come out?

Old 10-30-2011, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
Remember Schulze?

saw E-maxx videos way back in ~2004 and they stood by with the fire extinguisher and they needed it.

Like this? (1:30 for the fire)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I remember back in the mid 90's there we're running brushless setups on the high speed ovals like the thunderdrome. They packed with sub C cells!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Aveox was the first in the states to offer a car/boat system that worked. I had one of their systems in the late 90's and I know they were around before that. I saw them used in speed run cars dating back to the early 90's I believe.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Novak made the HV-Maxx which was their first brushless system. The GTB and Havok, as well as other manufacturers brushless systems like Tekin Brushless, LRP, and Castle came later.

Novak wasn't first though. There were lots of videos of some super fast E-Maxx's that had airplane brushless motors in them, but I don't remember who manufactured them.

The Novak HV-Maxx was the first budget brushless system, that is for sure.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin View Post
Novak made the HV-Maxx which was their first brushless system. The GTB and Havok, as well as other manufacturers brushless systems like Tekin Brushless, LRP, and Castle came later.

Novak wasn't first though. There were lots of videos of some super fast E-Maxx's that had airplane brushless motors in them, but I don't remember who manufactured them.

The Novak HV-Maxx was the first budget brushless system, that is for sure.
There were lots of motor companies before Novak. Hacker, Lehner, Plettenburg, Aveox, Mega, Feigao, and probably a few more. There were not very many car controller companies. I can only think of Aveox(sensored) Schulze(sensorless) and Hacker (sensorless, made by Jeti) off the top of my head. Schulze controllers were very good for the day. Most of the fires were due to misuse. My U_force 75 ran flawlessly for 5 years. Then I abused it and it popped.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had that happen to a mamba monster in my eight e one time on the track haha. Permanent tinted windows