Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
tqsx10 buggy conversion to shortcourse >

tqsx10 buggy conversion to shortcourse

tqsx10 buggy conversion to shortcourse

Old 10-28-2011, 11:29 AM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (43)
 
discgolferlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adrian, Michigan
Posts: 961
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default tqsx10 buggy conversion to shortcourse

Has anyone converted a tq sx10 buggy to short course. I know they sell a short course kit but I have a buggy already and was wondering how much it would cost to convert it or if it's even possible.
new chassis and arms probably along with the bumpers, body posts

ANY help, info or links to threads involving this is appreciated.
THANKS
discgolferlee is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 11:37 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Posts: 3,603
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

lee you may as well buy a sc...the parts list to convert a buggy is everthing except the tranns,suspension mounts and F+R hub carriers..Seriously you would need
truck towers,truck shocks, truck cvd's,truck camber links,body mounts, bumpers,body,rims, tires,sct chassis....it would be be cheaper just to probally sell the buggy and put the cash towards a sct kit...
2wdMod is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (43)
 
discgolferlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adrian, Michigan
Posts: 961
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
lee you may as well buy a sc...the parts list to convert a buggy is everthing except the tranns,suspension mounts and F+R hub carriers..Seriously you would need
truck towers,truck shocks, truck cvd's,truck camber links,body mounts, bumpers,body,rims, tires,sct chassis....it would be be cheaper just to probally sell the buggy and put the cash towards a sct kit...
ok thanks for the info. I will probably just keep the buggy and race 2wd buggy class since I already have a mod sct. was just curious how much needed to change on this rig. thanks man

fellow michigander I see. where at?? I am i adrian which is about 30 minutes southwest of ann arbor
discgolferlee is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 12:06 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Posts: 3,603
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
ok thanks for the info. I will probably just keep the buggy and race 2wd buggy class since I already have a mod sct. was just curious how much needed to change on this rig. thanks man

fellow michigander I see. where at?? I am i adrian which is about 30 minutes southwest of ann arbor
I am in Jackson..been racing some carpet offroad over in Hillsdale..nice place ,good peeps..
2wdMod is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 12:29 PM
  #5  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (43)
 
discgolferlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adrian, Michigan
Posts: 961
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
I am in Jackson..been racing some carpet offroad over in Hillsdale..nice place ,good peeps..
awesome I am headed that way tonight to run in mod sct
picked up a used but almost new xxx-sct
nevermind the paint as its sloppy and the body came with truck but here's my truck. I will look for you there man
I am Lee
discgolferlee is offline  
Old 10-28-2011, 01:19 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Posts: 3,603
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

cool, unfortunately, no racing for me tonightHopefully I will catch you there next week..Kind of a bummer I would have been running Mod sc with you..so go kick their butts for me,LOL, i TQed last week by almost 3 laps so someone needs to show those boys how to drive tonight!!
2wdMod is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.