any experience with this 2wd buggy??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any experience with this 2wd buggy??

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m
all the brand stuff aside, i think what tbird is trying to get at is why not just spend a little bit more and get something you know is a proven car and not have to wonder if it will hold up or not. I dont think you will get many responses regarding the quality of redcat because i dont think there many that own them.
I have put feelers out on a couple forums and have some responses..I understand what T-bird is saying for sure ..Been racing myself for over 20 yrs now..like i said just looking for a good basher for the boy (17 yo) and if he wants any better he can get off of some of his own coin for a change..My main thing is trying to teach a teenager that if he wants better than the basics, he can now supply it himself.Dad paid for the cars from age7 till last year.Now its time for him to step up and take some responsibility for the things HE wants in life.He got in the habit of just beating his racers within an inch of their life because they werent bought with his money so there was no respect for what he was driving..If he takes this one and beats it big deal i am out $100.00.The point is he will NOT be driving his younger brothers brand new XXX-sct and trashing it out for him...you guys see where i am going with this???
Old 10-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
I wouldnt take an AE if you GAVE it to me besides I found them for 129 rtr...i have electronics for it, so sell the 2.4 radio for 20.00 and the stock esc motor for 10 and get the roller for about 100 to the door..
+1 on the ae car
Old 10-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I wouldnt take an AE if you GAVE it to me
I used to say that too, until I just bought a SC10 to keep me busy over the winter here. I'm not overly impressed, but not upset with it either.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

+1 on the ae car, partially because I'm Associated by heart, but I had a friend who ordered a Redcat EXP Pro, and after a few laps on the track, noted that the shocks were leaking oil and with no crashes, one of the control arms was broken. Ordered in a few more from the Redcat parts store, and again, in a few runs, boom broken front arm.

I haven't had too much trouble with Associated parts and buggies, except when I let an inexperienced driver behind the radio...

AE FTW!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...ter-XB-Brushed

Looking at this buggy it looks very 'B4-ish'..I am just looking to see if anybody has had one, what the issues with it are..This is not for me, but for my oldest who doesnt race anymore, but It would be nice to have a beater around for him to run if he wants to come hang out and practice,ETC..just curious if the stock gear diffs hold up , plastics durability,etc...i have found them for 129.00 shipped so its pretty tempting....
chad,
why not look around in the F/S thread here for a nice used B4.1? add in a +8mm chassis and the car would be killer! B4.1s seems to be going for a nice price here recently.
the redcat's parts may be cheap to buy, but the time needed to replace them is very precious. and looking at the tires, they seemed to be clones of Tamiya's dirt tires, and these are not known to work well....just my $0.002...
Old 10-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I would not go with a red cat. A bunch of guys have the 4wd sc and there is something falling off of it every run... reminds me of the old nitro days.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If you are looking for something cheap, I think the duratrax evader EXT2 is hard to beat. Pretty decent quality, easy to get parts for, and they will replace any plastic part on it for up to a year, for free. I just bought one for a cheap parking lot beater and im pretty happy with it so far
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

thanks to those that posted or PMed with experience with the car either seeing or knowing someone that has bought a redcat product...Looks like an evader it is for the boy...And dex 210 for dad
Old 10-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
If you are looking for something cheap, I think the duratrax evader EXT2 is hard to beat. Pretty decent quality, easy to get parts for, and they will replace any plastic part on it for up to a year, for free. I just bought one for a cheap parking lot beater and im pretty happy with it so far
That is exactly what i am getting him..he ran an evader buggy the first season he raced and did OK with that so Iam sure the EXT will be up to basher duty, especiallly since they will be releasing an all metal gear tranny for it in november..
Old 10-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

they great thing about rc cars is you can do whatever you want. And you need zero reason to do it,lol. You never know till ya try it. Id prolly buy two just in cas.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joelwhite
they great thing about rc cars is you can do whatever you want. And you need zero reason to do it,lol. You never know till ya try it. Id prolly buy two just in cas.
Thats exactly why was even thinking about it Joel, yo unever know till you either try it or research the piss out of it before you buy one..I have found quite a few nice RC items over the years that i would have missed out on if I only shopped the BIG names on the block..So it never hurts to research and ask
Old 10-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The booth demo guy broke a front arm on one in a parking lot at the Pearl Harbor Naval Exchange just hopping off of a standard curb. No crazy impact, no crash, etc. Junk.

If you have electronics already, B4/B4.1's can be had for <$75 all day long, and SC10 rollers can be had for <$120. The only part I've broken on my SC10 since February has been a front bumper, and that was after nearly 6 months of abuse. My B4.1 has fared surprisingly well, too, as I've been running it since May without a single broken part, and certainly not without trying.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

I say-"do what you want, you're gonna to anyways".. All jokes aside, I would lean toward the evader, at least if something did break, you will be able to find a part in a few days or so, compared to maybe not at all.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

When I first got into the retail side of this industry I started with a Redcat Racing wholesale account. I will say their CS is great. Helpful people and nice guys too.

However, the vehicles were questionable. The QC was real hit and miss. The phillips screw heads were my biggest headache. Plastics were ok in strength but assembled improperly and loctite in all the wrong spots. Spur gears were horrible but never tried adapting another brand. Few weird engineering spots too. Like using turnbuckles from the top deck to the center chassis brace for no reason??? maybe reduce flex but it looked weird.

Shocks are total garbage, period.
Their 1/10 vehicles when I had em didn't come with foams in the tires and the plastic rims were horrible.

The 1/8 scale stuff in brushless was actually alright. Not track worthy IMO but definitely fun for bashing. And at $300 with 2.4ghz, 2x lipos, and brushless RTR definitely wasn't bad.

Still would go with a Traxxas or Duratrax maybe.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I wouldnt take an AE if you GAVE it to me besides I found them for 129 rtr...i have electronics for it, so sell the 2.4 radio for 20.00 and the stock esc motor for 10 and get the roller for about 100 to the door..
I stopped reading when I saw this while at the same time asking about Redcat..best of luck to you. I realize you're a Lost fan, which is fine but my point is the same..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.