battery question

Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 150 (99%+)
Default battery question

this is for my 1/8 starter box (i know this is the electric section) but it is about the batteries so i figured you guys would know better. anyway, i had a 4s lipo for my starter box that i let get too low on voltage, completely my fault and now its puffed up. so i am going to go to my back up which is 2 2s lipos from my electric car. my question is, what is the difference in wiring them in series or in parallel? i have 2 2s 5000mah 40c lipos that i need to know how to wire. also whether i wire them in series or parallel, how do i do it? if there is a picture of this that would be great
Old 10-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Heres a drawing of a series charging and balancing harness. You wont need to worry about the balancing harness (thinner lines) unless you want to balance charge the pair in series (not really necessary for your application)

Old 10-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Heres a pic with 2 of my series charging / balancing harnesses plugged into chargers if it helps

and a link to a series harness on its own

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...n_Series_.html