R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Need help Losi XXX-SCT RTR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/560191-need-help-losi-xxx-sct-rtr.html)

Nitrorcr65 10-17-2011 12:21 PM

Need help Losi XXX-SCT RTR

Not help I guess but a question. I charged up the battery and started running the truck. Awesome right out of the box. However, since it has been 15 years since I have been into RC and all this LIPO technology, my dilemma is.

If I accelerate, stop, then gun the throttle, the truck does nothing. Most times this is noticeable if I reverse it, then accelerate. Is this normal? is this the speed controller configured this way to save the motor, speed controller itself, as a result of LIPO technology?

Or does it sound like a bad ESC and should I bring it to the shop I bought it at?

Thanks in advance

lowroad 10-17-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nitrorcr65 (Post 9793390)
Not help I guess but a question. I charged up the battery and started running the truck. Awesome right out of the box. However, since it has been 15 years since I have been into RC and all this LIPO technology, my dilemma is.

If I accelerate, stop, then gun the throttle, the truck does nothing. Most times this is noticeable if I reverse it, then accelerate. Is this normal? is this the speed controller configured this way to save the motor, speed controller itself, as a result of LIPO technology?

Or does it sound like a bad ESC and should I bring it to the shop I bought it at?

Thanks in advance

not normal, not a result of Lipo by any means. Sound like either your throttle trim needs to be adjusted or you need to reprogram the esc to the transmitter to me.

brsilva 10-17-2011 05:48 PM

No it's not a problem with your battery. Like posted earlier, reprogram you Transmitter to your ESC and maybe check your ESC too, see if there is something you can change. What ESC are you running? Also if you hobby sop is even worth shopping at you should be able to take your truck in there and they should be willing to help you sort it out. IMO if a Hobby shop won't help you after the sale they are not worth buying from.

asc6000 10-17-2011 08:53 PM

Welcome to the new world, lipos - 2.4ghz radio it's vastly superior to the old stuff. Get a brushless motor and it will run seemingly forever compared to the old stuff.
As for your problem get your owners manual out and go to page 6 and rebind and reprogram the system. Don't worry if you don't get it right at first. I reentered the sport last year and spent weeks trying to figure out how to do it and frankly lucked out getting a battery charged the first time.
Taking it into a shop or to someone for a little help is not uncommon.

NoRookie 10-18-2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nitrorcr65 (Post 9793390)

Thanks in advance

I think the other responses have it wrong. Most escs today have a built in delay when going from reverse to forward, to keep you from damaging or destroying the transmission or driveline parts. There is nothing wrong with your truck or electronics.

lowroad 10-18-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by NoRookie (Post 9796989)
I think the other responses have it wrong. Most escs today have a built in delay when going from reverse to forward, to keep you from damaging or destroying the transmission or driveline parts. There is nothing wrong with your truck or electronics.

What about the accelerate, then stop, then try get going again from a dead stop (nothing to do with reverse) part? I don't use reverse these days, but when I did, I could sure as sh*t pop wheelies going from reverse to forward without delay. I do have esc's where the delay can be changed.

NoRookie 10-18-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9797120)
What about the accelerate, then stop, then try get going again from a dead stop (nothing to do with reverse) part? I don't use reverse these days, but when I did, I could sure as sh*t pop wheelies going from reverse to forward without delay. I do have esc's where the delay can be changed.

If he remains on the brakes long enough after coming to a stop it makes sense that the esc would sense that the reverse was being enabled. He did say that "Most times this is noticeable if I reverse it, then accelerate." That should be the key to what is happening. I don't know what escs you have that allow you to change the delay, I've never heard of that, but every modern one I've ever used or heard of has a set built in "reversing delay" just like the Losi one that comes stock on his XXX-SCT.

rc reverse delay = http://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&s...6&bih=667&bs=1

lowroad 10-18-2011 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by NoRookie (Post 9797305)
If he remains on the brakes long enough after coming to a stop it makes sense that the esc would sense that the reverse was being enabled. He did say that "Most times this is noticeable if I reverse it, then accelerate." That should be the key to what is happening. I don't know what escs you have that allow you to change the delay, I've never heard of that, but every modern one I've ever used or heard of has a set built in "reversing delay" just like the Losi one that comes stock on his XXX-SCT.

rc reverse delay = http://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&s...6&bih=667&bs=1

interesting. Who knows.

NoRookie 10-18-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9797326)
interesting. Who knows.

Just got off the phone with "tech support," and they said that all their escs do in fact have a built in delay when used in the "Forward/Reverse" mode to keep people from doing "sh*t pop wheelies going from reverse to forward" because it will strip gears and damage the drivetrain, and have been that way for some time now.

lowroad 10-18-2011 09:17 AM

wow, you really go out of your way to prove a point huh? That's fantastic. I'm very proud of you.

NoRookie 10-18-2011 09:21 AM

I thought it better to know for a fact, than to go around randomly posting incorrect information and confusing the person that asked originally by telling them it is "not normal" when come to find out it is normal.

lowroad 10-18-2011 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by NoRookie (Post 9797436)
I thought it better to know for a fact, than to go around randomly posting incorrect information and confusing the person that asked originally by telling them it is "not normal" when come to find out it is normal.

the reverse delay maybe, the stand still, not so much. I'd bring it to my shop I purchased it from, rather than listen either internet jamoke who haven't seen exactly what the truck is doing. Anyway, carry on.

NoRookie 10-18-2011 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by lowroad (Post 9797471)
the reverse delay maybe, the stand still, not so much. I'd bring it to my shop I purchased it from, rather than listen either internet jamoke who haven't seen exactly what the truck is doing. Anyway, carry on.

By all means call tech support at 877-504-0233 (option #4), so they can tell you the same thing I said 8 posts ago. LOL

lowroad 10-18-2011 09:53 AM

right.

Tread1 10-18-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by NoRookie (Post 9797537)
By all means call tech support at 877-504-0233 (option #4), so they can tell you the same thing I said 8 posts ago. LOL

Hi Rob! :rolleyes: