Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
OFFICIAL threads should not be started by people PIMPING  products >

OFFICIAL threads should not be started by people PIMPING products

OFFICIAL threads should not be started by people PIMPING products

Old 10-17-2011, 11:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default OFFICIAL threads should not be started by people PIMPING products

This is total BS is the mods allow a people who are just trying to pimp their product to start and edit official threads

PIMP your product on your own official thread
Old 10-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, I must have missed something?

Personally I pimp products, but do not have any admin rights here.

However, I have seen in other threads, some posts get conveniently deleted. I have never asked for any posts to get deleted in any of our threads, but I have got a few people so upset that the threads got closed and then deleted. That was back in 2009 though.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Um im not sure why it up sets you so much it doesnt bother me just dont click on it than.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

He is referring to the Losi SCTE thread.

The thread is labeled as OFFICIAL Losi SCTE thread and there is a wealth of information in there... probably the most popular thread on RCtech now.

Anyway, the starter of the thread apparently works for Viper so at some point he decided since he is now repping Viper products, he deleted references to Tekin on the 1st post which was a very informative all you need to know post.

People view the thread as an unbiased thread about the Losi, but the OP started using it as a way to push Viper, while suppressing info on other manufacturers.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
He is referring to the Losi SCTE thread.

The thread is labeled as OFFICIAL Losi SCTE thread and there is a wealth of information in there... probably the most popular thread on RCtech now.

Anyway, the starter of the thread apparently works for Viper so at some point he decided since he is now repping Viper products, he deleted references to Tekin on the 1st post which was a very informative all you need to know post.

People view the thread as an unbiased thread about the Losi, but the OP started using it as a way to push Viper, while suppressing info on other manufacturers.
Exactly, also the thread is FULL of his HUGE pics of viper products
Old 10-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone stop to wonder why the Castle stuff wasn't deleted? It has nothing to do with "pimping" a product and everything to do with the "prez" and how he handles himself. Something that could have been handled by a PM was turned into an attempted public slap down on one of his competetors. Then he runs in and acts like he has the high road. It's funny how "The prez" see's arrogance in others when the reflection should be blinding him.

Since the uproar, all motor info has been deleted. It's all fair now.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3 View Post
Anyone stop to wonder why the Castle stuff wasn't deleted? It has nothing to do with "pimping" a product and everything to do with the "prez" and how he handles himself. Something that could have been handled by a PM was turned into an attempted public slap down on one of his competetors. Then he runs in and acts like he has the high road. It's funny how "The prez" see's arrogance in others when the reflection should be blinding him.

Since the uproar, all motor info has been deleted. It's all fair now.
What was the point of deleting motor info? That is just as bad... if Viper wants to push their motors, they should use the Viper thread to do so.

Motor selection is a huge part of operating the Losi SCTE. Removing ALL motor references on the front page just makes the front page worthless now for people who are looking for information.

The thread is about the LOSI Scte and associated products, not Viper motors regardless of who started the thread. If the thread is going to be hijacked, the name of it needs to be changed to "Using Viper motors in your Losi SCTE" not the Official Losi SCTE thread as there is nothing official about it anymore and it leads people to believe it is unbiased.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Viper guys have been doing this crap for months, in all threads. Having sponsored parties post reviews and praises and giving the public a sense of comfort with buying the product because they think that it is random peoples reviews of a good product when its actually product pushers. I'm not saying its a bad product but I'm saying the way they are pushing the product is Bad. And will never buy the product because of it.

Originally Posted by 1Fastpede View Post
I don't buy viper because when questions like this get asked all of there promoters, drivers, and hype men chime in to convince you its better. when people ask these questions they want the average joe's opinion not someone who is influenced in other ways. there is alot of business on this forum that most users don't even realize and take those post as peoples opinion when in fact its a sales pitch. What people are reading is a sales pitch from numerous angles that are disguised as a sole users opinion.

see this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...s-viper-4.html
If you notice who is arguing with me its the Viper product pushers.

Last edited by 1Fastpede; 10-17-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Legend

Brought a Viper motor a while back , it was slow ....
Old 10-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Its just bad for the hobby.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL View Post
This is total BS is the mods allow a people who are just trying to pimp their product to start and edit official threads

PIMP your product on your own official thread

Are you wearing panties today, and are they all bunched up?
Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor View Post
Are you wearing panties today, and are they all bunched up?
really.

someone should start the "OFFICIAL Crybaby Thread" for the tekin-ites.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
really.

someone should start the "OFFICIAL Crybaby Thread" for the tekin-ites.
LOL
Old 10-17-2011, 04:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Here is the deal, lot's of new people come on here, people with less than 1000 posts, and they may think something titled OFFICIAL is a fair/even discussion or even sponsored by the company making the product.

As a result those people actually think racers not sponsored by them run product X

sorry if the truth offends but it must be mentioned to people who may not know
Old 10-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
really.

someone should start the "OFFICIAL Crybaby Thread" for the tekin-cheeleaders.

fixed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.