Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL threads should not be started by people PIMPING products

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
So is somebody then going to start a tread for the Viper A$$holes?

Sorry for that, but it was necessary...

I have been quietly watching threads and since the actions as of late, I am now a Tekin only guy! Sorry, Viper had a chance but Tekin Prez handles himself more professional, their products stand for themselves, and don't need pushy sales tactics... Thank you Tekin for making the choice easy! keep up the great work!
You lost me @ saying any of this was handled in a "professional" manner by EITHER side. To say either side came across professional only shows your true bias.
This mess does not help any cause in the least.

Disclosure--I own 3 cars powered by Tekin, 1 car by Castle
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASF4I
You lost me @ saying any of this was handled in a "professional" manner by EITHER side. To say either side came across professional only shows your true bias.
This mess does not help any cause in the least.

Disclosure--I own 3 cars powered by Tekin, 1 car by Castle
So, in your opinion, what did Tekin say that was unprofessional? Just curious...

FYI: I have 3 cars and one on the way: 3 powered by Tekin and 1 will be powered by Castle for the time being...

Last edited by thecman26; 10-18-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)
Default Tekin

Funny how people forget the all to recent issues with that ever popular Tekin RX8 ESC. Before the most recent changes they were one of the most unreliable ESCs on the market. They were apt to smoke just looking at them. I dont endorse any one particular product. It just seems alot of people who know little to nothing get brain washed so easily by hype and bandwagonism.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

My comments were not stated against Tekin specifically as your question suggests. I stated BOTH sides handled this in a way I would not describe as professional.

To answer your question though:
"arrogant", "annoying", "sneaky marketing efforts". These are a couple of the comments I quoted from the Tekin prez. IMO I would not call this professional. You can disagree if you like.

Again my previous post was not against Tekin but against the entire issue----How it was started & how it was dragged out --by BOTH sides.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

My comments were not stated against Tekin specifically as your question suggests. I stated BOTH sides handled this in a way I would not describe as professional.

To answer your question though:
"arrogant", "annoying", "sneaky marketing efforts". These are a couple of the comments I quoted from the Tekin prez. IMO I would not call this professional. You can disagree if you like.

Again my previous post was not against Tekin but against the entire issue----How it was started & how it was dragged out --by BOTH sides.
Ok, I hear what you are saying now, yes, I can see what you are saying...
Hopefully its over and we can move on, btw this is a sweet truck and this bickering is ridiculous, we need to remember that we have a great product here! Lets keep lines of communication open so we can make it even better!
I should have mine later today and I have a body to paint( J-Con Hi Flow)!
Can't wait to get it on the track!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

these official threads are "nice" but the first post should be edited regularly with the latest info added as to build an actual informative thread instead of 1001 pages filled with 1000 questions and 100 valuable answers.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I am honestly surprised mods haven't closed this thread..Enough bickering what was done is done...no amount of bickering is going to change that. If you like tekin so be it, if you like viper so be it..GET OVER IT ALREADY PEOPLE
Old 10-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Team Tekin

I hate to let ‘Saladfork’ have the last word when it is a cheap shot at Randy, so I will put it here since it is the topic between the lines. Not sure what Randy had to do with this discussion to get such a remark from him. Who is showing their true colors now? You think I am dogging you... try and steal that dogs bone..

If we are going to pass the story around lets be accurate. He lied about our products the last time and I called him on it, lightly at first and being cool about it. He then tried to stand his ground while admitting he was guessing and really had no clue. It was odd actually... Read it for yourself. No one is allowed to blatantly lie about our products in an attempt to promote theirs. He was wrong and did not back down until I got firm. That is not just business ethics that is legal stuff. In the end he admitted he was wrong and I left.

Now he intentionally removed us from the recommended list in a public thread that is not his to use as he sees fit for advantage or revenge. We seem to disagree on that point, but he obviously agrees it was inappropriate or he would have stuck to his plan and justified his actions. Instead he removed all the brands after getting caught removing just us. It is an escape path from a bad decision to avoid the obvious backlash from the thread followers. He even admits he removed us because we called him out on his previous lie and he is mad at us. He makes my case for me how inappropriate the action was to begin with and finishes up with some name calling as the frustration peaks and it becomes clear he has no argument to justify his actions.

In both cases he started it with shady moves and I simply showed up to defend our turf with the facts. That is what the leader of a competitive company is expected to do.

I am not any more worried about Viper than any other competitor. They just keep forcing me to get directly involved with them to protect ourselves. Notice we do not have these issues with anyone else. There does seem to be a pattern here.

To answer your question though: "arrogant", "annoying", "sneaky marketing efforts". These are a couple of the comments I quoted from the Tekin prez. IMO I would not call this professional. You can disagree if you like.
It is arrogant to think you can lead the public around by the nose because you are mad at someone and want to get even. It is almost comical to admit it when you get caught. It is annoying that I have to come defend us when it happens. It is sneaky marketing to gather up the followers of another brand and try to influence their decisions.

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Funny how people forget the all to recent issues with that ever popular Tekin RX8 ESC. Before the most recent changes they were one of the most unreliable ESCs on the market. They were apt to smoke just looking at them. I dont endorse any one particular product. It just seems alot of people who know little to nothing get brain washed so easily by hype and bandwagonism.
Yep we did have problems initially as has everyone in this extremely challenging application. We were open about it and took care of everyone. We are real, we stand behind our products and we are always learning and improving them. We also have incredibly knowledgeable people like Randy to offer support. That is why people stuck with us.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 10-18-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
Ok, I hear what you are saying now, yes, I can see what you are saying...
Hopefully its over and we can move on, btw this is a sweet truck and this bickering is ridiculous, we need to remember that we have a great product here! Lets keep lines of communication open so we can make it even better!
I should have mine later today and I have a body to paint( J-Con Hi Flow)!
Can't wait to get it on the track!
I agree, We need to move on. Now I see the prez has chimmed in defending his comments. His right to do so. Still will not change my mind about how this was handled by Both sides. I don't think it's professional to name call a competitor. Regardless of what was done to provoke it. (again this relates to both sides)

It also will not stop me from buying more products from Tekin, who I feel make the best electronics on the market.

Moving on.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
I hate to let ‘Saladfork’ have the last word when it is a cheap shot at Randy, so I will put it here since it is the topic between the lines. Not sure what Randy had to do with this discussion to get such a remark from him. Who is showing their true colors now?

If we are going to pass the story around lets be accurate. He lied about our products the last time and I called him on it, lightly at first and being cool about it. He then tried to stand his ground while admitting he was guessing and really had no clue. It was odd actually... Read it for yourself. No one is allowed to blatantly lie about our products in an attempt to promote theirs. He was wrong and did not back down until I got firm. That is not just business ethics that is legal stuff. In the end he admitted he was wrong and I left.

Now he intentionally removed us from the recommended list in a public thread that is not his to use as he sees fit for advantage or revenge. We seem to disagree on that point, but he obviously agrees it was inappropriate or he would have stuck to his plan and justified his actions. Instead he removed all the brands after getting caught removing just us. It is an escape path from a bad decision to avoid the obvious backlash from the thread followers. He even admits he removed us because we called him out on his previous lie and he is mad at us. He makes my case for me how inappropriate the action was to begin with and finishes up with some name calling as the frustration peaks and it becomes clear he has no argument to justify his actions.

In both cases he started it with shady moves and I simply showed up to defend our turf with the facts. That is what the leader of a competitive company is expected to do.

I am not any more worried about Viper than any other competitor. They just keep forcing me to get directly involved with them to protect ourselves. Notice we do not have these issues with anyone else. There does seem to be a pattern here.

It is arrogant to think you can lead the public around by the nose because you are mad at someone and want to get even. It is almost comical to admit it when you get caught. It is annoying that I have to come defend us when it happens. It is sneaky marketing to gather up the followers of another brand and try to influence their decisions.

Yep we did have problems initially as has everyone in this extremely challenging application. We were open about it and took care of everyone. We are real, we stand behind our products and we are always learning and improving them. We also have incredibly knowledgeable people like Randy to offer support. That is why people stuck with us.

Tekin Prez
i for one support you 100%. I think you are absolutely doing the right thing here.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there any chance the first page of the SCTE thread can have all applicable ESCs and Motors readded? I guess I am part Tekin cheeleader, Castle Crackhead, Fuze Follower and potential Viper A$$hole, so I like to know what works and what doesn't, I don't care which company makes it.

I guess it just seems like too much argueing, considering these really are only toy cars.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Team Tekin

It does appear we need to discuss what should be allowed here by people in official positions if this forum is going to continue to be useful for the public.

If you represent a company and actively manage and manipulate a thread to your advantage then it should at least have your company name in the title so people know who they are dealing with.

I think the same is true of signatures. Most company representatives have their name or email in their signature making it clear who they are and who they represent.

You should not be allowed to present yourself as providing unbiased information when you actually have an agenda and get paid for it.

You should not be able to assume control of a public thread that is about a popular product that is not yours, regardless of who started the discussion.

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 10-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

I am new to this board and the only thread I watch is the SCTE thread. I see that both sides have their own justified responses in order. The thing that I don't really understand is why it would matter if any ESC where left off of the list on that first page.

Do people really just skip reading any in the thread, do zero searches, and just buy what ever is listed on the first page with no research? Would it ever have any chance of actually effecting the sales volume of Tekin?

Probably not, which makes this a private issue that should be left off the public forum so that us research addicted rc geeks can peruse without having to sort though any more BS.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Legend

My opinion ..

#1 I presently do not own any Tekin or Viper products..

I cannot believe the Administration on this board would even give "SaladSpam" a moderator status ...

Huge mistake ....

#3 Tekin Rep's are professionals , and they actually show up and support your local race events .

Salad is only a bench racer at best , does not race cept in ft of his driveway on YouTube....
Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The problem stems for what each person takes from the word "official." The average user likely takes this as he/she will get official information about the product the thread represents. This can be the case but often isn't. Being that the "official losi SCTE " thread was started by someone that has no official position with Losi had his post with a lot of good info in his post that he gathered from other posters in the thread and edited it to what appeared to be a personal bias. Now personally I didn't care. I understood what he was doing but since it was his personal post, whatever.

Now I agree that anything that lists "official" should be started/supported by a company rep I'm not sure how this could be managed easily. I joked about this months ago with an "official official" thread. lol.

I will stand by the Prez all day long. He approached this matter just as I would. We do not flood threads with what can be considered by many as advertising. We do however step in and answer questions or step in and correct inaccuracies or other bad info we see about Tekin products.

This all aside calling me out on a personal level is lame. I could care less if people like me on a personal level. Chances are you don't know me to begin with. I will however take notice to anyone telling me I don't do a good accurate job of helping people with their Tekin products or other rc questions in general. Let's not make this about a character argument. Tekin products can stand on their own. However as with any top of the line rc racing product our customers and future customers often have questions when making an investment into these products. For them I am here to help, period.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.