Need help

Old 10-17-2011, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Need help

Hi all, I am looking at buying a rc10 b4.1 rtr but would like some advice on what batteries to buy. I would appreciate some different opinions and not necessarily one from a store that may be biased to one particular brand that they may stock. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

just make sure you get one with the leads coming out the top or end and not the side.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Check out the turnegy, gens ace, zippy batteries. all have a pretty proven track record. the high $$$$ ones might be a bit better but not enough for me to justify.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

What are you doing? bashing, racing both? For 1/10th scale I would reccomend a hard case 5000mah battery with a minimum of 35c constant discharge or better. I would also recommend you do and advanced search for a poster/ user call Neu Racer. He is the owner of High Velocity Raceing and has some really great batteries and has the best warrenty of any MFG for lipo's. Send him a PM. These batteries are really good.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

you'll have a hard time finding a better battery than this at any price:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Though for a small light b4, ths is probably more than sufficient:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

I do agree with you from a price stand point, that is hard to compete with. Not trying to scare anyone or knock you but when i see these prices from your link I think "cheap for a reason." Check this link. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rds-lipos.html
Your really not allowed to post prices on this forum but for a little less than boubble the first link you can get a 6000mah 60c battery. Just check out the warranty and what is diffrent about this battery and the support you will recieve. I know there is lot's onf posts on that thread but if you don't find the answer you are looking for send Neu Racer a PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brsilva
I do agree with you from a price stand point, that is hard to compete with. Not trying to scare anyone or knock you but when i see these prices from your link I think "cheap for a reason." Check this link. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rds-lipos.html
Your really not allowed to post prices on this forum but for a little less than boubble the first link you can get a 6000mah 60c battery. Just check out the warranty and what is diffrent about this battery and the support you will recieve. I know there is lot's onf posts on that thread but if you don't find the answer you are looking for send Neu Racer a PM.
Right, well, I'm fairly certain the OP asked for opinons from those that aren't sponsored by or working to push for a certain company. And boom, look who is in your signature, and look who you are trying to sell.

My recommendation is not only true, it's unbiased. High velocity takes care to test their batteries for sure, you get a nice printout and a support group, yes. I take nothing from them, but there is nothing cheap about nano-techs, as you tried to assert, and I assure you they are top notch, and AT LEAST as good a performer as anything high velocity sells.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

lowroad, serously, I mean no offence. You have used these bateries , i havn't used batteries you linked. I havn't used the batteries from my sponsor either. I in no way mean to say they perform pooly and again it's all really just personal opinion, just giving another battery to look at. If i sounded offencive to anyone please accept my personal appology. I have seen it here a few times, it's hard to type something and make it sound a certain way.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'm currently running a Gens Ace 5000mah 40c lipo, that I think i got for $35 shipped, and they run really well. Best bang for the buck lipo IMO.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

www.teamiconracing.com best batteries!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks guys gives me a few options to look at. I have no idea about batteries eg/ what 5000 mah 40 c and have not had a rc car for 22 years and am keen to get into it with my son. My inlaws are travelling to the U.S in afew weeks so i am hoping they will pick up some gear for me there. I am sure in time i will have a better understanding but i want to take advantage of some cheaper prices while they are there. thanks for the help.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Milo.1976;9796319]. I have no idea about batteries eg/ what 5000 mah 40 c QUOTE]

The 5000 Mah is the amount of energy the battery holds 1000 mah = 1 amp. so that battery mentioned above holds 5 amps. The C rating means how many times the capacity power you can safely pull from the battery safely. 5000 \ 1000 = 5 amp. 5amp x 40 = 200amp. Your battery should be able to safely supply 200 amps with out damage.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So far Ive used is gens aced, and power edge lipos. Power edge is a bit more expensive but sofar they bare the only people I have found with a true c rate with +/- 1.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by For_the_win
So far Ive used is gens aced, and power edge lipos. Power edge is a bit more expensive but sofar they bare the only people I have found with a true c rate with +/- 1.
How can you tell if they are truly rating their packs? Waiting on my High Velocity Racing packs but I like the Turnegy 50c I got from my LHS