Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for some advice on SC 4x2 trucks....whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barry1me
I like the Kyosho but I hear they are picky about what rims you can run with them!? I have 6 sets of rims from my SCTE TEN and SC10 4x4 so I would like to run a truck that could use those if possible.
With that criteria you are limited to an sc10 with hexes all around or a losi with the hex mod done. Not sure whats involved in the hex mod for the losi, but a local guy did it with off the shelf parts so it can be done. The other trucks in the class use slash rear offset wheels. My sc10 is great and will be my 2wd sc of choice until Durango launches one- if they do.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Like Johnny5 said, the only thing that uses those rims, are a SC10 or Losi with hex conversion.

Kyosho uses a slash offset rim.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

You should really just get the FT SC10 then. You'll have maximum compatibility with your tires, once you get the hexes, and a ton of parts availability wherever you go.

A FT SC10 and an RS are not the same thing. Don't let your experiences with the RS sour you on AE. The FT SC10 is an outstanding racing truck and really only needs the hexes to work for you.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

how much are hex kits?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oso Negro
You should really just get the FT SC10 then. You'll have maximum compatibility with your tires, once you get the hexes, and a ton of parts availability wherever you go.

A FT SC10 and an RS are not the same thing. Don't let your experiences with the RS sour you on AE. The FT SC10 is an outstanding racing truck and really only needs the hexes to work for you.
+1

proline hex kit is about $30
Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I like the Kyosho but I hear they are picky about what rims you can run with them!? I have 6 sets of rims from my SCTE TEN and SC10 4x4 so I would like to run a truck that could use those if possible.
I have an SC/R and run the same rims on it and my SCTE! DE Racing slash fron offset... It does make the SCTE really wide, but thats a good thing...
Pretty much anything with a 12mm hex should work fine!
Old 11-01-2011, 05:10 AM
bzb
Tech Adept

team c looks nice (like a copied sc10) but has c clips for the rest they drive faster then my sc10 ft sometimes

it would be nice if team c comes with a mid engine T2C Factory Team (hmm sounds familiar) Edition short course (still c-clips doh)

i would buy one
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

how much are hex kits?
do you want to hex the fronts too, or just the rear?

If you want just the rear, just slap on some basic hexes (plastic or alum, doesn't matter) and GO.

If you want to go front and rear, consider the RS parts then. Supposed to be less slop than Proline but Proline may have since improved their design to RS standards. Can't judge there, haven't seen both back to back.

My hex issue was solved with shims that were supposed to be on the truck but apparently missing, after the rear bearing but before the roll pin. Without those, my truck had major wobble issues. A few shims later and things are perfect back there. You may have had the same issue, without knowing it!

The RS and the FT ARE the same, except for a ball diff, CVA's, threaded v2's vs. clip-style, and some other bling items here and there. Don't get it all twisted, it is the same truck but those upgrades may make for a better driving vehicle for you. The rest is all tuning and setup.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Find yourself a FT SC10 roller and convert to hexes using the JConcepts rear hexes and the Associated steering blocks and hex axles, but use HPI Blitz front hexes (10x better than the AE hexes). Don't waste your money on the Proline conversion as it has too much slop. Slap an RPM front bumper on it and maybe pick up a complete gear differential as a tuning option along with a front and rear spring kit and you should be good to go for almost any track.