Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fun Debate. Are Our RC Cars Toys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sean B.
I bet $100 that your link would take me to an rccaraction web page. As usual.

Readership must REALLY be down on their website...
Old 10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong

Readership must REALLY be down on their website...
I really don't get why this bothers you so much (rhetorical question; no need to answer). I don't hide what it is; I never try to hide that it's a link to an article. There are hundreds and hundreds of threads that don't interest me here. Guess what I do--I don't click on them. Instead I click on the others I do find interesting.

Are you trying to insult me (BTW, nothing says brave like a insult on a forum) by saying our site down in traffic? I hate to ruin your insult, but we're up 20% in traffic this year.

Look, relax and try to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Maybe you can block me or get me banned. I am sorry I offended you and the two other people. I try to post something different in a community that I believe will appreciate it. That's all.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NHRCRACER
we're up 20% in traffic this year....
.....I try to post something different in a community that I believe will appreciate it. That's all.
Cool. Glad to hear your up. You guys do a great job covering many of the events we attend. Posting links is great, and I for one appreciate it. I see first hand all the hard work your staff puts in at these events. Keep up the good work!

Keith.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hahahaha. Of COURSE they're toys...being (relatively) expensive, (kind of) fast and (a little) dangerous doesn't mean it's not a toy. Those of us who race are racing toy cars...Most REAL race cars are considered toys (like my old dirt stock car), so I don't get why so many here are offended by the notion. If you actually race R/C for a living, then I can agree that it then becomes a tool...but it's still a toy car being used as a tool.

Here's my shop as of last night...full of other people's toys. Tell them that your R/C car isn't one.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

/\ /\ /\ Very nice shop. My "shop" is a broken down XJ in my driveway. It isn't pretty and too is just a toy, but when I feel like getting my hands greasy, it fits the bill.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kghills
Cool. Glad to hear your up. You guys do a great job covering many of the events we attend. Posting links is great, and I for one appreciate it. I see first hand all the hard work your staff puts in at these events. Keep up the good work!

Keith.
Thank you, Keith.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

See attached screenshot of the SCTE manual. Losi clearly states "Not a toy" on multiple occasions.

Debate over.
Attached Thumbnails Fun Debate. Are Our RC Cars Toys?-untitled.jpg  
Old 10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Toys. And when I run them, I'm Playing with them. Whether that's at the beach, baseball field or on the track I'm Playing with my toys.

I don't feel the need to define it any other way. My Hornet in 1985 was a toy, so was my RC10T in 1993 and so is my SCTE now.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NHRCRACER
I really don't get why this bothers you so much (rhetorical question; no need to answer). I don't hide what it is; I never try to hide that it's a link to an article. There are hundreds and hundreds of threads that don't interest me here. Guess what I do--I don't click on them. Instead I click on the others I do find interesting.

Are you trying to insult me (BTW, nothing says brave like a insult on a forum) by saying our site down in traffic? I hate to ruin your insult, but we're up 20% in traffic this year.

Look, relax and try to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Maybe you can block me or get me banned. I am sorry I offended you and the two other people. I try to post something different in a community that I believe will appreciate it. That's all.
Sending you a PM...I'm not going to clutter the thread with my response.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AbstractZen
See attached screenshot of the SCTE manual. Losi clearly states "Not a toy" on multiple occasions.

Debate over.
Oh THAT settles it then.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Legend

Default Just One Basic Fact

We do not race toys , we race R/c cars .....
Old 10-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

In all seriousness though, I'd have to agree with Pakk. First define what constitutes a "toy", then see if RC cars fit within that definition, which seems to me that they do not.

I can also see the bashing equals playing mentality as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I think calling them toys is not an accurate description. As to the few that think they are not capable of causing serious injury or broken bones, come on out when me and a few buddies bring our toy cars out, and hang out in the field. We run Baja's
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
We do not race toys , we race R/c cars .....
RC's are much better than just a toy. Toys are the non-hobby grade
RC's like Tyco, New Bright, companies like that...
Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

It all depends what is the definition of "toy" for you

toy [tɔɪ]
n
1. an object designed to be played with
a. something that is a nonfunctioning replica of something else, esp a miniature one
b. (as modifier) a toy guitar
3. any small thing of little value; trifle
a. something small or miniature, esp a miniature variety of a breed of dog
b. (as modifier) a toy poodle

To me, a toy has nothing to do with the age or danger. A toy is made to PLAY and have pleasure. So yes I consider RC cars like toys, as well as every object I can play with. I don't see why so many rc fans react like it was something negative. Is it a shame to play? I'm proud to do rc but it doesn't mean I take it too seriously. I mean, these are rc cars to have fun with on a track or whatever the terrain is! I respect my toys as much as more "serious" things in life. They give me pleasure so I take care of them, as simple as that. I love playing and I wished everybody would play a lot more to get less frustrated in general just my 50cts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.