Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default DRX Lancia Stratos/Fiesta S2000 BL conversion

Finally i got one, or atleast the body for it. I am waiting for the Fiesta S2000 to arrive in my hobby store in november, so until then i have no chassi to put the Stratos on. But as you can see from the pictures i have some work to be done to shorten the waiting time. I still don't have the decals for it, but they are on its way.

Oh, i know, this is a nitro car in the electric section, but at the end it will end up brushless with full convertion-how-to so i post it here. But do feel free to move it mods.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2600.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2601.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2602.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2603.jpg  

Last edited by Lars in Norway; 02-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

For some reason i just got to have lights on my cars, so there is always a lot of thinking how to make it look as right and scale as possible. But i think i am heading in the right direction here, without bragging too much about it I let the pics speak for themself here. The rear lights are made from a spoon from Ikea ( ) which i chopped up and put in my lathe, and the "glass" for the lights are scrap lexan which i formed in a mold i made for them from plywood.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2604.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2605.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2606.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2607.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2608.jpg  

Old 10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Some more of the lights, and a test fitting of the front.

And to give you something to compare with (atleast for the rear lights), here is a pic of the real thing:
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2609.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2610.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2611.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2612.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lars in Norway
Finally i got one, or atleast the body for it. I am waiting for the Fiesta S2000 to arrive in my hobby store in november, so until then i have no chassi to put the Stratos on. But as you can see from the pictures i have some work to be done to shorten the waiting time. I still don't have the decals for it, but they are on its way.

Oh, i know, this is a nitro car in the electric section, but at the end it will end up brushless with full convertion-how-to so i post it here. But do feel free to move it mods.

Nice work thus far Lars, keep me posted I have a few of these .. have you worked out where to get realistic rims by any chance???
Old 10-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you, thank you

I haven't, but a few options have showed up in 1/8th scale wheels.

As Kyosho are offering 17 mm hex adapters there is a vast collection of 1/8th scale wheels to choose from. Which lead me to these rims, i think they looks pretty cool, and also some kind of similar -although they are not- to the ones used on the full scale car:

These ones are also an option, just have to get the smallest possible outer diameter tires for them.

These ones are pretty close to the rims found on the new Stratos version, but i can only find them in white and only pre-glued.

I have 1/8th wheels on this car, but even if they are 98 mm outer diameter compared to the 93 mm on the stock wheels for the DRX, they just looks too big for the car for some reason. I will try them on when i get the chassi to see if they will work, or look too stupid and big.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Very nice project, Lancia Stratos is one of my favorite design by Pininfarina for lancia!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks mister Lancia have made some a bit "outside the box"-cars through the times, but damn they looks nice!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got the lightpod painted, and the headlights are being painted as i write Black on the outside and white on the inside to get it right.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2614.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2615.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2616.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got it painted today, wohoo! Glad it only needed one colour for the livery it is going to have so i didn't have to mask the hell out of it. Going to do the rear light tomorrow i think. I keep the protection film on until i get the decals for it.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2617.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2618.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2619.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2621.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2624.jpg  

Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Had a little test fit of the rear lights today, looks good in my opinion The plan is to wrap the clear lenses in the stickers for the rear lights, if that fail i will make some new ones on my computer and print them out.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2625.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2626.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2629.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2630.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Finally the decal sheets arrived, so now the body is starting to look like something It is a mind game to apply them, you always have to "think" two decals ahead as some of them are supposed to lay on top of another one, like the grill mesh/light-decal on the front, this was to be put on top of the green stripe around the corner that again meets the green stripe that goes front over the main front grille

But i am staring to get the hang of it now
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2638.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2640.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2641.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2642.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2644.jpg  

Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Still a good pile of decals left, but as the car is getting better looking for each decal i don't mind
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2645.jpg  
Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

More decals applied! And six more to go. Reverse lights, registration plates, an I and an 90[] The rear reg.plate will have to wait, the large black decal on the rear turned out to end up as a mess so i will make a new one, that is where the reg.plate, the I and the 90 goes
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2646.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2647.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2649.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2650.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2651.jpg  

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Some new pics of what has been done lately. I couldn't get myself to "just" apply the reverse light-decals, so i made two little blocks out of 3 mm thick plastic to outline them a bit.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2652.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2653.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2654.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2655.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2656.jpg  

Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have just bought an silicone case for iPad, and i have cut it in to pieces, what do you think i have in mind now?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2657.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2658.jpg   Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos-hpim2659.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.